Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Williams, CA - 6th Street (LIVE 18 Dec 2019, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something interesting to note is that the Tesla Find Us page lists Williams' maximum charge rate as 150 kW, even though the Nav shows 250 kW:

upload_2020-1-2_10-32-46.png

Either this is an error on the website or this Supercharger is currently being capped (hopefully temporarily). @ETC SS M3 's post makes me suspect the latter.

• Informative
Reactions: FutureShock
From a Supercharger sweep up the I-5 corridor last Friday...what a difference a day makes. I had it all to myself in the morning:

View attachment 496095

Grabbed the last spot in the evening on the way home:

View attachment 496098

That weird feeling you get when you pull into a Supercharger and you realize that you have the oldest Tesla there...

Bruce.

And the one that charges the slowest too. :mad:

• Funny
Reactions: Araman0
I stopped by the Williams SC on Sunday evening and only got a max of 128kW, even though my battery was warm (I navigated to the SC and it showed preconditioning in the last 25 miles of my drive to it) and it was relatively cool ambient temps (in the 50's ºF), so it's not like the chargers were overheating.

So my battery could have theoretically taken much more power. In similar conditions, I was able to hit 240kW at Red Bluff two days earlier. I also noticed the power dropped by 5-8 kW when I turned on the heater while charging at Williams, which indicates some of the available power from the SC was redirected from charging the battery to heating the cabin.

I'm not sure if this SC was designed to be 250kW (thin liquid-cooled cables indicate it is) but is currently being limited to about half the power due to other issues such as power supply. Note I was the only car in the entire SC. As others mentioned, Tesla's website currently indicates 150kW max, despite in-car nav showing 250kW.

EDIT: I started the charge at 2% SoC and ended at 62%, so the limited power was definitely not due to my battery being "too full"

Last edited:
I stopped by the Williams SC on Sunday evening and only got a max of 128kW, even though my battery was warm (I navigated to the SC and it showed preconditioning in the last 25 miles of my drive to it) and it was relatively cool ambient temps (in the 50's ºF), so it's not like the chargers were overheating.

So my battery could have theoretically taken much more power. In similar conditions, I was able to hit 240kW at Red Bluff two days earlier. I also noticed the power dropped by 5-8 kW when I turned on the heater while charging at Williams, which indicates some of the available power from the SC was redirected from charging the battery to heating the cabin.

I'm not sure if this SC was designed to be 250kW (thin liquid-cooled cables indicate it is) but is currently being limited to about half the power due to other issues such as power supply. Note I was the only car in the entire SC. As others mentioned, Tesla's website currently indicates 150kW max, despite in-car nav showing 250kW.

EDIT: I started the charge at 2% SoC and ended at 62%, so the limited power was definitely not due to my battery being "too full"
I had the same issue last night in Williams just after 8pm. Navigating from Santa Rosa and preconditioning, I started at 20%. Seemed to really slow down at around 130kW, so I stopped watching. There was a car charging at the far end so I took near the other end, and in between us, was a great looking Model Y prototype. It was covered when I got there, but the wind had blown the cover off when I left about 15 minutes later. Very impressive. Much taller and beefier than I was expecting. My Model 3 was 2 or 3 spaces away, so I was able to stand back and really A/B them. I didn't get the feeling it was just a big Model 3. This car is going to sell like hotcakes.

Funny thing, my session at this SC last Sunday (as well as the one in Red Bluff last Friday) don't appear on my account history, whereas the other 6 times I charged at various other SCs that weekend appear correctly. Could it be that they are too new to be in the billing system?

Also, interesting that this Williams SC now appears to be showing "up to 250kW" on Tesla's SC map site:

Screen Shot 2020-01-16 at 9.33.42 PM.png

Funny thing, my session at this SC last Sunday (as well as the one in Red Bluff last Friday) don't appear on my account history, whereas the other 6 times I charged at various other SCs that weekend appear correctly. Could it be that they are too new to be in the billing system?

Also, interesting that this Williams SC now appears to be showing "up to 250kW" on Tesla's SC map site:

View attachment 501148
We’ll hit Red Bluff tomorrow, and maybe Williams if we need a bio break sooner. So I’ll see about the freebie. But my wife also recently got a freebie at an old location in Fairfield. Go figure.

hmnmmm - charging worked great today - but only 8 of the 12 chargers are available - and there is a big tent of some kind setup next to the chargers - not sure what’s going on - but they are functional, but it’s unclear to me if the 8 stalls is the new normal, or what not...also there is conduit and concrete pads for more charging stalls, but no actual stalls - this site seems only kinda sorta “done” and they seem to have plans for it - but not sure if it’s at full capacity right now…

stay tuned.

Stopped here twice Sunday on an out-and-back trip to Potter Valley. No charge for either charge. The second one we were briefly getting 217kW, our first adventure into actual V3 level charging.

I noticed there’s a pad there for a third cabinet, as well as four more pedestal foundations. Planning for expansion!

• Informative
Reactions: KathyApplebaum
Left Santa Rosa last Friday on my way to Redding and stopped at Williams to use the restroom and get enough charge to make it to Redding. There was a family having lunch on the picnic table next to the chargers, and I can tell you, they were absolutely flabbergasted that I was only plugged in for 5 minutes. As I pulled away I was thinking to myself, "Well, I just sold another a Tesla."

1st V3 Super Charger for my 2016 AP2 S 75D.

Awesome. 115kW at 22% charge initially.

Looking forward to the future of the V3 network. Wish I had a newer Tesla to take full advantage of the higher charging rates.

Great new location from the Bay Area to Redding.

Reactions: Trekboy
Just visited this Supercharger for the first time. For those who tow, it offers a large parking area with pull through spaces making for easy unhitching/hitching.

With my battery at about 30% I got 165kW immediately which then of course soon tapered down quite a bit.

Very happy to have this Supercharger so I can skip Corning!

Only got 120kw at 15% arrival on my model 3. Granted the chargers were 80% full. Was hoping for some 200kw+ goodness. Got some ice cream across the street. It was 100F ....

When were you there? I stopped by on Sunday around 5pm and got about 200kW (albeit not for very long) arriving at 32% SoC.

The SC was 100% full and I had to wait for several minutes before two spots opened up (I was second in line). It was also about 100ºF.

My average power for the session was 138kW and it only took 12 minutes to charge from 32% to 70%.

Just enough time to use the restroom and also get some ice cream from across the street :D