Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Willows, CA - Thunderhill Raceway (LIVE 21 Feb 2024, limited access)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
not sure whom you spoke with, but the issue has always been trenching. Per the manager of the site and the person in charge of supercharger installs.
Trenching to the transformer likely so there isn’t power at the transformer which means the transformer is the issue. Not the exact issue but related. People who aren’t familiar with the issue will latch onto the biggest and easiest to explain thing.

Trenching to the transformer likely so there isn’t power at the transformer which means the transformer is the issue. Not the exact issue but related. People who aren’t familiar with the issue will latch onto the biggest and easiest to explain thing.
Trenching from the stalls, across the entry to West, to the transformers that’ve been installed for longer than the stalls have been on site. Aka no copper was run from the prefab v3 stalls, no conduit. The transformers have power from the R.E. that has been on site for many years. Power has never been an issue, unlike Sears. Sears cannot get superchargers due to county wide power supply, issues.

Trenching from the stalls, across the entry to West, to the transformers that’ve been installed for longer than the stalls have been on site. Aka no copper was run from the prefab v3 stalls, no conduit. The transformers have power from the R.E. that has been on site for many years. Power has never been an issue, unlike Sears. Sears cannot get superchargers due to county wide power supply, issues.
I Acknowledge this, as do people in the know. For the average person working at a raceway, the superchargers don’t have power because there isn’t any coming from the transformer so therefore the transformer is the problem. I’m not saying you’re wrong, just that the explanation given by a phone call to the track isn’t going to be the most exact or detailed answer.

I’m not saying you’re wrong, just that the explanation given by a phone call to the track isn’t going to be the most exact or detailed answer.
Makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

The manager of the track and a few other higher ups know / knew of the issue preventing them from going live. In depth info came from internal supercharger team @ T.

Difficult to know who the poster spoke to about this which is what I addressed in my first post that you quoted. Or if the poster didn’t understand what was being explained. Too many variables, which is why I asked for clarification from the user that posted it.

Glad they’re up and going through testing. Certainly will help people avoid plugging into the RV pedestals (causing massive problems at the track’s management level that at one point had them discussing heavy handed solutions to prevent it).

Confirmed these are up and running! Thank you thunderhill for making this happen

IMG_8990.jpeg