Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Willows, CA - Thunderhill Raceway (LIVE 21 Feb 2024, limited access)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just saw this on a FB post. Can someone get it added to supercharge.info?

Screenshot 2023-08-03 at 7.27.58 AM.png

I also saw the FB post and went to supercharge.info looking for it. When I didn't see it I tried to look up Laguna Seca and it isn't there either. My guess is that they don't want to show superchargers at racetracks that are behind gates and not available to the public 24/7. Note that the superchargers at the Nurburgring in Germany are on supercharge.info because they are accessible in a hotel parking lot. Now lets vote for a supercharger in Shelton WA next to Ridge Motorsports Park

Reactions: mkhalasi85
hmmmm -I _KNOW_ laguna seca used to be listed - but now it's gone

I think the site should list _ALL_ superchargers - but we can have a pin-color/designation/notes/flag that location is restricted - plug share has this…

superchargers should be listed if known about and generally public even if access is restricted…

Reactions: mkhalasi85
Well, its been two months, so I called ThunderHill for an update.
Sadly the update is No Update, they are in PG&E / Tesla limbo.
Back in August I had hoped it would be live by Oct 5 for the final SCCA TNIA track day of the year.

Well, its now been four months, so I called ThunderHill for another update.
Good news, in a couple weeks they will start some trenching from the superchargers across the paddock to a transformer .
They hope to be live in early 2024

Does anyone know if these are ready yet? Would love to attend a track event if the charging infrastructure is set up.
You’ll have to call and ask. The Laguna Seca ones dont show up on the Tesla map so these likely won’t either. The ones at Buttonwillow are currently accessible to the public since the second track and paddock haven’t been built around them yet but they might disappear from the map once that happens.

Called the track last week and was told that they're still waiting on the transformer. Might have to go with a CSS retrofit to use a nearby EA charging station for next month's track event. The track experience at Laguna was awesome with the superchargers onsite.

Called the track last week and was told that they're still waiting on the transformer. Might have to go with a CSS retrofit to use a nearby EA charging station for next month's track event. The track experience at Laguna was awesome with the superchargers onsite.
Call and beat the hell out of PG&E. They're the hangup. We've been waiting almost a year for a transformer in Anderson Ca.

• Disagree
Reactions: buckets0fun
Well, its now been six months, so I called ThunderHill for another update.
I'm not sure where the possibly dated 'Transformer / PG&E' info came from, but...
As of today Feb 1, the superchargers have power and Tesla is performing final checkouts!

Reactions: 1100MCM