Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Woodland, CA (LIVE 19 Nov 2020, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had to laugh at the comment about not being inundated with locals -- at the first stop light I hit leaving the mall, including my car there were 4 Model 3s and a Model S. :)

View attachment 440790

All the MDs and other medical professionals commuting to and from Woodland Memorial Hospital, I'm sure. That's the route I used to take from Davis to Woodland myself before I relocated to Socal.

Is the Yolo county site the correct place to be looking for permits? I can't find anything related to chargers in the woodland area.

Cannot say for sure. Some smaller cities do not have a full-fledged building permitting service. Large or unusual projects will be permitted by the county. And then, of course, the ultimate location will have a bearing on who issues the permits.

I have not looked at the City of Woodland's building permit website, so maybe they will be issuing the permit once Tesla's contractor submits it.

Yolo County would only be for permits issued outside of the Woodland City limits. (And probably outside of West Sac as well). City of Woodland has their own site and department, but the permits aren't online, so a phone call or stop would be needed. I haven't dealt with their building department personally for a decade, but the people there were generally nice and helpful when I did.

• Informative
Reactions: mkhalasi85
The city of Woodland has a list of projects in development. High-speed charging stations are listed for Tesla located at Target at the Woodland Gateway.

Google Maps

The status shows that it is pending, so I wouldn't call this a permit yet, but I would think that is a pretty good sign.

Development Projects | Woodland, CA

Nice find! I've been checking eTrackit for a while but never saw anything on there. I figured it would be in that Target parking lot area.

It says Approval Letter now, I'm thinking we should have the green light to add it on Supercharge.info

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 11.30.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 11.30.46 AM.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 57
It says Approval Letter now, I'm thinking we should have the green light to add it on Supercharge.info
I had been checking eTrackit too, but was looking at the city of Woodland website randomly the other day when I stumbled across it. Must be a different process for this I suppose. The Target parking lot should be a good location. Easy on and off the freeway. I stop by that location fairly regularly on my way though, so I’ll keep an eye out for construction when it gets final approval.

I had been checking eTrackit too, but was looking at the city of Woodland website randomly the other day when I stumbled across it. Must be a different process for this I suppose. The Target parking lot should be a good location. Easy on and off the freeway. I stop by that location fairly regularly on my way though, so I’ll keep an eye out for construction when it gets final approval.

I was just there today lol. Tried to see if I could find spray paint markings on the ground as I was driving through haha. I go to that Costco often.

I know nothing about that. Please tell us more! Sounds interesting.

I think (emphasis on think) that Tesla installed a 70A roadster plug by the Red Robin restaurant. This location is about 150 yards south of Target. Sometime in the mid 2010's, the plug head was swapped out for a J1772 that charged at 70A. I have used that destination charger a couple of times over the years.

Reactions: CharleyBC