Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Woodland, CA (LIVE 19 Nov 2020, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think (emphasis on think) that Tesla installed a 70A roadster plug by the Red Robin restaurant. This location is about 150 yards south of Target. Sometime in the mid 2010's, the plug head was swapped out for a J1772 that charged at 70A. I have used that destination charger a couple of times over the years.
Yes, that was all originally Tesla equipment. One of the 4 chargers is still the RAV IV EV paddle style -- one of the last left in the state.
First public Tesla charging station in Woodland, CA

Tesla doesn't maintain it, though. The local EV group got a grant to fix them recently, but when they get broken again that will probably be that. Sad.

Reactions: CharleyBC
Yes, that was all originally Tesla equipment. One of the 4 chargers is still the RAV IV EV paddle style -- one of the last left in the state.
First public Tesla charging station in Woodland, CA

Tesla doesn't maintain it, though. The local EV group got a grant to fix them recently, but when they get broken again that will probably be that. Sad.
Very cool. Thanks for the link! And I thought the Opera House was the most historic thing in Woodland.

Reactions: KathyApplebaum
I'm hoping this is built by June. That'll greatly help my campaign to convince my husband to bring the Tesla instead of the ICE SUV when we go visit his family in Woodland.

Off Topic: I stumbled my way to @EVnut 's webpage from the above links, and it was fascinating to read about the GM EV1. I never knew those existed.

I'm hoping this is built by June. That'll greatly help my campaign to convince my husband to bring the Tesla instead of the ICE SUV when we go visit his family in Woodland.

Off Topic: I stumbled my way to @EVnut 's webpage from the above links, and it was fascinating to read about the GM EV1. I never knew those existed.
Worst case -- there's quite a few free J1772s in Woodland and the Sacramento (Natomas) SC is only 16 miles away.

I expect Woodland will only see delays from PG&E. The city itself is known to be much friendlier to projects than surrounding towns. Still, be nice if they'd break ground soon...

Worst case -- there's quite a few free J1772s in Woodland and the Sacramento (Natomas) SC is only 16 miles away.

Yeah, I know there's chargers at the elementary school within walking distance from my husband's parent's house. My husband is just fairly sensitive to inconvenience, so I don't want the Tesla to be the cause of inconvenience and then have him say we're never road tripping in it again.

Reactions: KathyApplebaum

Even if Woodland isn’t ready, you can stop at one of the Sacramento locations on your way in. It’s only about 20 miles from Sac to Woodland, so you’d barely dent your charge, leaving plenty for bouncing around Woodland. Then you can start off your return trip with another charge in Sacramento!

Are all new superchargers going in v3 now?
No, not yet. It depends when the site went into permitting. Some site have been in planning for so long that they were designed with V2 equipment configuration before V3 was released. Some of those sites are just now being built. As time goes on, those old site plans will age out and we will see only V3 or Urban Superchargers being built and opening.

Happened to be in Woodland for the first time in a while and decided to cruise around Woodland Gateway to see if there was any sign of anything. Surprised I didn't get security called on me, given that I was driving behind Target and Costco. :)

Anyway, no signs of even marking anything that I could find. This one's going to be a while.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
Happened to be in Woodland for the first time in a while and decided to cruise around Woodland Gateway to see if there was any sign of anything. Surprised I didn't get security called on me, given that I was driving behind Target and Costco. :)

Anyway, no signs of even marking anything that I could find. This one's going to be a while.
Thanks for snooping! Some day I'll return to Sac for a visit, and maybe use the new Woodland Supercharger. As things stand now, it doesn't look as though either the charger or my ability to travel will be any time soon...

Tesla Suoercharger map also lists Davis, CA as coming soon. Probably also at the Target there as they seem to have a partnership with some Targets in Northern California (like Vallejo). Be interesting to see which one of these breaks ground first since both say coming in 2020.

8C9C006D-0C55-4C1D-A46F-C8B9C465FE7D.jpeg
874A0841-E02F-4CD3-BF1E-03BBA805168A.jpeg

I can’t locate a permit but looks like something is being built between the Costco and Target.