Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers visited 3.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the NA Opened Superchargers by Date chart on the Dashboard in post 19 in this thread, the line flagged as USA (current count of 665 sites) might actually be for all of North America. The current count of open sites for USA according to supercharger.info is actually 580. It could also be for just USA, but is including sites that are in permit or construction stage. Either way, they count is way off from what I think it should be.

Edit, looking at the data in the source spreadsheet, it looks like this 665 count is just the sites in the US, but is incorrectly including the sites that are still in permit or construction.
Good catch. I'll make sure the filter is set correctly to just those that are open. I'll also make sure the filter is available on the actual graph tab so users can see the count in any way they like.

Reactions: Graffi
@Graffi @cpa @[email protected] added to the spreadsheet.

And a Happy Thanksgiving to all!
@Graffi, here is a direct link to your map. Try clicking into the Highlight box on the right side and then mousing over the years. If you want to see open superchargers that you haven't yet visited, simply toggle "open".
Tableau Public

@cpa, here is a direct link to your map. If you want to see by year, we'll need you to add dates for each visit. We can do this for you, or we can give you edit access to your column. You can generalize to yyyy or mm/yyyy if you don't have specific dates tracked. Send us your email via private conversation.
Tableau Public

@[email protected], I'll add your maps when data is entered.

The leaderboard is on the first dashboard tile called "Most Superchargers Dashboard"

All visualizations are interactive.

• Love
Reactions: Graffi
@Graffi, here is a direct link to your map. Try clicking into the Highlight box on the right side and then mousing over the years. If you want to see open superchargers that you haven't yet visited, simply toggle "open".
Tableau Public

@cpa, here is a direct link to your map. If you want to see by year, we'll need you to add dates for each visit. We can do this for you, or we can give you edit access to your column. You can generalize to yyyy or mm/yyyy if you don't have specific dates tracked. Send us your email via private conversation.
Tableau Public

@[email protected], I'll add your maps when data is entered.

The leaderboard is on the first dashboard tile called "Most Superchargers Dashboard"

All visualizations are interactive.
@theflyer - great work on integrating this with Tableau and updating the spreadsheet with array formulas. Thanks!

@ThisIsTrue added to the spreadsheet.
@ThisIsTrue, I've added your map to the Tableau Visualization. Here is a direct link to your specific map. There are tabs across the top to view the other visualizations and dashboards. There was a typo in one of your dates (3017). I've fixed that in the spreadsheet and it'll eventually get updated in the visualization. The neatest way to view your map is to click into the "highlighted thisistrue status" widget and then mouse over the years. As previously stated, if you want to get a view of open superchargers you've yet to visit, toggle the "visited" category on and either leave the years on or turn them off so you see a clean view of chargers to be visited.

Want to see your list of visited superchargers? Or anyone's list of visited superchargers? It is easy.

Just open the spreadsheet: Superchargers Visited

Click on the "Superchargers" tab on the bottom. Scroll right to the entry column for the competitor, and create a temporary filter view. Data - Filter views - Create new temporary filter view.

Capture1.JPG

Then create the filter by clicking on the filter icon, "deselecting" blanks (which are the non-visits), and click "ok" and you will have a list sorted by country/state/supercharger.

Capture2.JPG

Last edited:
@tes-s has added a bunch more competitors to the spreadsheet. I've added them to our tableau visualizations. Competitors can click into the "highlight <username> status" widget and mouse over the years to get an interesting visualization. Get Tes-s your dates if you have them to further improve your visualizations (if you haven't already).

The "open" filter option shows all of the superchargers you've yet to visit. We're talking about renaming this status to "not yet visited" to be more intuitive.

You can save the following URLs to your favorites list for easy and direct access to your map.

So, without further adieu,

@tes-s has added a bunch more competitors to the spreadsheet. I've added them to our tableau visualizations. Competitors can click into the "highlight <username> status" widget and mouse over the years to get an interesting visualization. Get Tes-s your dates if you have them to further improve your visualizations (if you haven't already).

The "open" filter option shows all of the superchargers you've yet to visit. We're talking about renaming this status to "not yet visited" to be more intuitive.

You can save the following URLs to your favorites list for easy and direct access to your map.

So, without further adieu,
Hi @theflyer any chance I can get my data added to the map?:)

I made a couple tweaks to the tooltips so when you hover over one of your locations, it will now show when that supercharger opened and when you visited (if you've provided us dates). Here is an example from AzEd's graph.

tooltip.JPG

We made a couple more tweaks. We eliminated the "permit" entries. We cleaned up some data so there is no longer an "Open - Limited" category and we removed the "Not public" entry (Cleveland) as only public SCs can be part of this competition. @Sasmania was the only person with Cleveland marked on his list of those we've imported, so his count decrements by one. Sorry sasmania.

I think we now have the canonical list superchargers for the competition. If you don't see a North American location on our spreadsheet that you believe should be there, let us know.

We also modified our algorithms so if there is an open supercharger that you haven't visited yet, it will be classified as "Not yet visited," which makes our Tableau filters much more intuitive.

not yet visited.JPG

Reactions: ThisIsTrue
I made a couple tweaks to the tooltips so when you hover over one of your locations, it will now show when that supercharger opened and when you visited (if you've provided us dates). Here is an example from AzEd's graph.

View attachment 355445

We made a couple more tweaks. We eliminated the "permit" entries. We cleaned up some data so there is no longer an "Open - Limited" category and we removed the "Not public" entry (Cleveland) as only public SCs can be part of this competition. @Sasmania was the only person with Cleveland marked on his list of those we've imported, so his count decrements by one. Sorry sasmania.

I think we now have the canonical list superchargers for the competition. If you don't see a North American location on our spreadsheet that you believe should be there, let us know.

We also modified our algorithms so if there is an open supercharger that you haven't visited yet, it will be classified as "Not yet visited," which makes our Tableau filters much more intuitive.

View attachment 355442
FWIW - I disagree with removing the Permit entries.

FWIW - I disagree with removing the Permit entries.
We can easily retreive them from history if there is consensus to do so. Now that it appears supercharger.info will stick around, I'm personally less worried about this spreadsheet being a backup and there doesn't seem to be much value in terms of this competition.

We did keep under construction entries.