Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging.Life database

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can the badges be tied to the day/month/quarter/year they were achieved in?

E.g. display "50+ Day - 2023-10-02", "600+ Quarter - 2022Q3", etc?
That way you can list all of them in order, and add new ones easily/programmatically (the next 50+ Day someone gets would just be 50+ Day - 2023-11-04, or whenever it happens)

The same could be done for the SoS badges: "Custer SoS 2018", then "Custer SoS 2022", etc.
Count badges - could do it this way like we do the century milestones. Perhaps when (if) we automate the badges we'll do something like this, and even include the "position" (first to get 50 in a day, second, etc).

For SoS badges we considered putting in the year, but for people that have been to many that would sort of dominate their badges. Also considered something like SoS 17 19 22 23 to show the different years, but that would basically require unique badges for each person and be a manual process. Main purpose is to acknowledge the people that have been to SoS, and add the "x2 x3 etc" as a nod to the regular attendees. The "x2 x3 etc" is between just having "SoS" and the detail you describe.

Sort of gets to the philosophy of the badges - just a way to tag some ancillary community activities separate from the main counting of unique superchargers visited, and keep the admin pretty simple. While the count badges will start out being manual, at some point they could be automated. The century milestones are automated now (used to be manual when we had the spreadsheet and wiki before that).

Badges are really just some fun markers/stats. They came about because our spreadsheet would have a row for each century a competitor achieved. As the number of centuries increased, we had this column for "region" that was mostly empty - we decided to use the empty space for something and thus badges were created.

Were you in the correct stall even though it wasn't red? :D :D
I suggest you stop by the next time you are up that way. Makes a nice photo too.
IMG_0951.jpeg

Had to cheat, others were already charging and I didn't want to pay the exorbitant rates at this charger anyway.

Use the "check in now" link and either use geo location or the search all superchargers link. I have noticed in the past that you always use the manual check-in option, do you not use location services on your device?
I have location on. It asks me to allow location, I click OK and then a second later the map jumps to where I am. I tap on a pin (where I am) and the pop window shows 'Check in Manually'. That's the only option so that's what I use. Is there a different way?

Check in takes about 3 seconds. The more you know™️
. . . the more you know you don't know. ©

Be that as it may (to quote Dan Rowan):

Every third day, the app on my phone stalls and either kicks me out or I have to log out manually. Logging in is sometimes cumbersome and often time consuming. There are locations where the internet connection is Pretty Piss Poor™ which adds to the delay.

Yes, when everything is running smoothly, check in using the "check in now" feature takes 3-5 seconds. But there are also times when checking in takes close to a minute. If my stop is merely a plug-and-bug, I postpone any check ins until I reach a spot where I will be charging for at least 5-10 minutes, if not longer.

This is particularly true when driving my 2014 dinosaur with the crippled charging times when I want to get back on the road will all possible dispatch.

Just a coda for our confederate David99: At my advanced age, much of the techy stuff has to be learned; it is not intuitive. There are no handy instruction manuals. As much as the good guys in the white hats try to make things easy and intuitive, there are times when the rust begins to reappear and we revert to our old tried-and-true habits. Such is the scheme of life.

My sister-in-law struggles with techy stuff. A few years ago the ComCrap guy came out to hook everything up for her: TV, internet, wireless, whatever. She said he was about 30 and nice enough. He essentially expressed dismay that she could not connect all her apparatuses because it was so easy. You don't do that to someone like her or anyone for that matter. She went into her workroom and emerged with a small bolt of fabric and a pattern. She handed the items to the tech guy and asked him to make the jacket that she was going to sew. Needless to say, he did not know what the word pattern meant in that context, and of course he was flummoxed. Worse yet was the fact that he was oblivious to the analogy she had presented to him.

Hmmm... So now that I had done that spurious check in at a random Canadian SpC so I could see the map up there I followed that up with a trip across Canada and now have a bunch of check ins up there. How do I ReMoVe that Spurious one? App seems optimized to ADD locations.

[edit]
NOPE, never mind, found it by scrolling thru ALL my checkins. Seems like I should be able to remove it from the location page, but what do I know.

. . . the more you know you don't know. ©

Be that as it may (to quote Dan Rowan):

Every third day, the app on my phone stalls and either kicks me out or I have to log out manually. Logging in is sometimes cumbersome and often time consuming. There are locations where the internet connection is Pretty Piss Poor™ which adds to the delay.

Yes, when everything is running smoothly, check in using the "check in now" feature takes 3-5 seconds. But there are also times when checking in takes close to a minute. If my stop is merely a plug-and-bug, I postpone any check ins until I reach a spot where I will be charging for at least 5-10 minutes, if not longer.

This is particularly true when driving my 2014 dinosaur with the crippled charging times when I want to get back on the road will all possible dispatch.

Just a coda for our confederate David99: At my advanced age, much of the techy stuff has to be learned; it is not intuitive. There are no handy instruction manuals. As much as the good guys in the white hats try to make things easy and intuitive, there are times when the rust begins to reappear and we revert to our old tried-and-true habits. Such is the scheme of life.

My sister-in-law struggles with techy stuff. A few years ago the ComCrap guy came out to hook everything up for her: TV, internet, wireless, whatever. She said he was about 30 and nice enough. He essentially expressed dismay that she could not connect all her apparatuses because it was so easy. You don't do that to someone like her or anyone for that matter. She went into her workroom and emerged with a small bolt of fabric and a pattern. She handed the items to the tech guy and asked him to make the jacket that she was going to sew. Needless to say, he did not know what the word pattern meant in that context, and of course he was flummoxed. Worse yet was the fact that he was oblivious to the analogy she had presented to him.
My entire life I have worked with and in tech and today I'm very involved in mobile devices and social media because of my job. I always have both a recent Android and iOS phone to be up to date. The issue isn't 'easy' for me, it comes down to bandwidth. There is only so many apps I can learn but more importantly keep up with as they constantly change. I simply hit my bandwidth limit and focus on the important things I need to be fluent with for my job. Everything else, including supercharger check ins, only get a small amount of my mental capacity. Once I found a procedure that works, I just keep using it because I can do it without using my brain.

I think a big challenge of our times is that knowledge expires so quickly as things change at a fast rate. I'm not talking about big ideas or concepts , but real world application.