Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging.Life database

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
David, you win the interwebs today. Well said!

(I am struggling here to understand what exactly you mean by bandwidth. Is this metaphoric, or is it literal?)
I borrowed the term from the book "Scarcity: The true cost of not having enough". Like a computer can process only so much data, our mind can also handle and process only so much. Once we take on too much something else we do or thing about will get sacrificed. I try to be aware of it and give some tasks little time, and important ones more 'mental bandwidth'. In a sense it is literal, but I think it comes down to taking back control of how we spend or time in a meaningful way.

Reactions: NKYTA and KJD
I borrowed the term from the book "Scarcity: The true cost of not having enough". Like a computer can process only so much data, our mind can also handle and process only so much. Once we take on too much something else we do or thing about will get sacrificed. I try to be aware of it and give some tasks little time, and important ones more 'mental bandwidth'. In a sense it is literal, but I think it comes down to taking back control of how we spend or time in a meaningful way.
Gotcha, thanks!

I guess I have always used the term, "finite." All our brains have a finite capacity to absorb, process, and execute. Funny how we keep on coming up with neologisms that nudge out the old-fashioned terms.

Just reflecting on my ever-decreasing mental bandwidth.

PS---I learned that bandwidth had to do with the electromagnetic spectrum as it pertained to boundaries of radio and television frequencies.

If you are thinking driving, the lack of “bandwidth” is the lack of lanes on the highways, or the merges that aren’t done correctly. Zipper merges are the best, but aren’t executed well by most. I expect to see signage by “governments” in the future that might help out, especially in the US.

Last edited:
Maybe I've already asked this or otherwise missed a previous discussion, but now that the network is open to Ford and soon to be other vehicle manufacturers, is this a Tesla-only game, or will charging a non-Tesla vehicle count as a valid check-in at a Tesla Supercharger for the game? In other words, is road-tripping in a Tesla vehicle the critical component or is using the Tesla charging network the key ingredient? To me, it seems like the vehicle make shouldn't matter, but figured it should be clarified if that hasn't already been done.

Reactions: Darren S
Maybe I've already asked this or otherwise missed a previous discussion, but now that the network is open to Ford and soon to be other vehicle manufacturers, is this a Tesla-only game, or will charging a non-Tesla vehicle count as a valid check-in at a Tesla Supercharger for the game? In other words, is road-tripping in a Tesla vehicle the critical component or is using the Tesla charging network the key ingredient? To me, it seems like the vehicle make shouldn't matter, but figured it should be clarified if that hasn't already been done.
We would welcome anyone who loves to travel the country and collect superchargers. Our only criterion are to have a TMC handle (i.e. an account here) and a supercharging.life account. Ideally, they'd also participate on our discussion thread to be part of the community.

Personally, i think it's be awesome to have a non- Tesla competitor.

We currently have no plans to expand the competition to other L3 charging companies.

I've recently thought it would be great to have a "Vehicle" field, where one can enter information about what car they used to charge. I was just thinking about when I eventually switch from a 3 to a Y or X when the family grows, but that could also be used to track rentals or non-teslas.

Reactions: Darren S
We would welcome anyone who loves to travel the country and collect superchargers. Our only criterion are to have a TMC handle (i.e. an account here) and a supercharging.life account. Ideally, they'd also participate on our discussion thread to be part of the community.

Personally, i think it's be awesome to have a non- Tesla competitor.

We currently have no plans to expand the competition to other L3 charging companies.
If all legacy BMWs eventually are allowed to charge at superchargers, and I get an adapter, would a check-in from our i3 count, as long as I drove at least halfway?

</half-joking>

Just want to notify the administrators that something is not right with my SC count for Europe and has been for some time. My North American count (4) and my total count (606) is correct, but my European count shows 604, the correct count is 602 as of 21. march 2024.

No big deal, but would prefer that it was correct.

Reactions: StefanSarzio
Just want to notify the administrators that something is not right with my SC count for Europe and has been for some time. My North American count (4) and my total count (606) is correct, but my European count shows 604, the correct count is 602 as of 21. march 2024.

No big deal, but would prefer that it was correct.
Where are you seeing 604?

1711054961668.png

Reactions: StefanSarzio
Curiously, the only supercharging.life status map that shows for me is New Zealand. Nothing for North America or Europe populates. This doesn’t seem to be affecting anybody else’s maps that I’ve checked.

Add: was able to get the info through the leaderboard “map’ link under my name. My map still does not.

Last edited: