Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging/Battery Degradation Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up a new Model 3 LR on Monday (yay!) and have been trying to educate myself on smart charging practices.

My current situation allows me to charge with a Tesla Wall Connector at my primary residence where I can have the car plugged in and charged to 80%. On Thursday I travel to a secondary residence in a more rural area without any ability to charge one I get there.

My plan (and what I did so far) is charge at a Supercharger about 60 miles away to 90%, so I arrive around 65%, and then I mostly don’t do much driving once I’m there. Then I plan on doing the same when I head home and topping off enough to make sure I get back with enough charge.

Basically, I’ll be looking at charging at a Supercharger 2-3x/week and home the rest of the time. I’m working actively to get some L2 charging at or close to my more remote location, but that likely won’t happen for a year or so.

I’m the meantime, is charging at a supercharger 2-3x/week going to be really bad for battery degradation?