Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging complete at 23%

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have anyone else experienced anything similar? My Model S 85 2014 has suddenly stopped charging at superchargers around 23% on multiple occasions, prompting "Supercharging complete" like if it had reached 100%. If I change charger, it just claims to be complete, if I reset the car, it does its initializing before prompting complete once again.

Do you inadvertently have the charging limit set at 23% in the charging configuration on the console? Looking at the charging configuration, does it show the battery has charged to 100%, or 23%? Is the limit set in the App to 100%?

• Disagree
Reactions: FlyF4
Do you inadvertently have the charging limit set at 23% in the charging configuration on the console? Looking at the charging configuration, does it show the battery has charged to 100%, or 23%? Is the limit set in the App to 100%?
It's set at 100%, don't think you even can set it lower than 50%. The car and my app says 23% and that supercharging is complete..

So Tesla has yet to reply, but the car has been working as designed until today when "Maximum battery charge level reduced, OK to drive - schedule service" popped up... Same SoC as earlier, exactly 70 km. Makes me think that this might be as simple as a coolant problem? Pump malfunction, not cooling the battery enough, so the cars caps itself at 70 km.. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 20230530_124954.jpg
    20230530_124954.jpg
    325.5 KB · Views: 78
According to BMS_u018_SOC_Imbalance_Limiting

BMS_u018_SOC_Imbalance_Limiting
Internal condition to HV battery requiring limiting max allowed brick voltage.

This alert was formerly named BMS_u018_Max_Charge_Limited in firmware versions prior to develop/2020.32. If BMS_u018_Max_Charge_Limited appears on the vehicle or in the logs, update the vehicle firmware to the current version.
file create by H+ 2022 v0325 updater.store

I give them a little credit because they are not trying to sell something. It is worth a try, especially if the firmware is out of date. Best of luck to you.