Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging Idling Fee

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well if you really need to know, I work night shifts and my workplace is near a supercharger. There are at least 3 spaces every time I park overnight. I have never idled my Tesla in peak hours, but I wanted to know if I have accrued idling fees without knowing recently.
Not time specifics but how busy the charger becomes.

If the SpC has more than 50% of the stalls filled either at the point when you have completed charging or any point after charge completion and your car is still connected then idling fees are chargeable.

This means that even if you parked in an empty SpC but leave your car past completed charging, you could accrue fees if others turn up to charge and push stall usage over 50%

Not time specifics but how busy the charger becomes.

If the SpC has more than 50% of the stalls filled either at the point when you have completed charging or any point after charge completion and your car is still connected then idling fees are chargeable.

This means that even if you parked in an empty SpC but leave your car past completed charging, you could accrue fees if others turn up to charge and push stall usage over 50%

Thanks for the info, appreciated.

It's simply anti social to park at any electric vehicle charger when you don't need it. I'm sure you didn't park in front of a petrol pump in your last car.
The fact is you don't know who is going to turn up and need to charge. I'm hoping you've accrued charges at $3.10/min all night to reinforce the lesson of thinking about others.

Reactions: frangus6 and 808?
It's simply anti social to park at any electric vehicle charger when you don't need it. I'm sure you didn't park in front of a petrol pump in your last car.
The fact is you don't know who is going to turn up and need to charge. I'm hoping you've accrued charges at $3.10/min all night to reinforce the lesson of thinking about others.

This is a strange comparison, as it doesn't take 30+ mins to fill in an ICE at the petrol station.... but I do agree you never know who might show up that needs to charge, and it's not good etiquette to hog a charger if you are already done charging...