Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging in Italy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

forqueray

Jul 19, 2020
UK
Hi,

we've just come back (rather quickly) from visiting Italy from the UK. I noticed that I wasn't charged for any of the Superchargers that I used in Italy: Piacenza, Modena, Arezzo & Melegnano. Does anyone know why this is the case?

It seems is an administrative matter.
italy introduced a compulsory "electronic invoice system" which is quite complex and someone says that Tesla prefers not to charge costs in Italy rather than adopt this system.
as a result, de facto supercharging in Italy is free of charge at the moment.

I do not know if this is really true. But due to the fact that in my case I have the right to charge for free, I never asked that officially...

Thanks for that info. I was at the Aosta supercharger in Italy last month and the cost on the screen appeared as £0.00. I thought it was a bit odd that it was in Pounds Sterling instead of Euro as my car (and Tesla account) is Irish ... but I suppose the currency doesn't matter too much for Zero :)

Thanks for that info. I was at the Aosta supercharger in Italy last month and the cost on the screen appeared as £0.00. I thought it was a bit odd that it was in Pounds Sterling instead of Euro as my car (and Tesla account) is Irish ... but I suppose the currency doesn't matter too much for Zero :)
That’s correct. But ending...
Italian owners have alerady received a communication from Tesla that starting from October 13th payments will begin!

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9