Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging Speeds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Preconditioning will vary based on map routing/distance/speed and battery temp. (Too high or too low). Many factors dictate when it’ll kick in or if it’s required at all.

ref supercharger speeds on shared stalls. It’s definitely been like that for most part of 2019, so wouldn’t say it’s a new thing. Rate will be cut when another car turns up on your pairing. You’ll still get the higher speed, but it’s certainly not the headline available speed for your SoC. This is not a factor on V3 charger location(s).

This has been discussed a few times on the main UK supercharger thread and a few others with graphs to back up.

Reactions: mpandrew
At a much higher cost (Free supercharging) and it gets Iced quite a bit also. I'm actually pretty happy with home charging for 4.5 hrs on 5p/kwh rates, gives me about 90 to 100 miles a night.

But for those moments when you need to go on a longer errand it would be handy to have it ready this year, it's stuck on ...'coming 2019' but I'm not sure it will now. There is a big old gap between Winchester and Exter for Superchargers

Park Royal, last week...

49ADCF51-EFCF-4BF7-A1F6-D1822A27D796.jpeg

166DCA8B-73A4-4FFC-A86D-2E4FE95A4A0A.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: LongRanger