Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supplemental Mechanical Braking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got this update some time ago on the Y where the car actually uses the brakes as opposed to little or no regenerative braking when battery is charged too much or temps are too cold. It is so seamless you would never know what is doing what. Has anyone received this on an update of the S yet? I am surprised it is taking so long. Bottom line is you will never get the warning about low regenerative braking and the car will now respond the same no matter what the battery level may be at or how cold it may be. Honestly one of the better updates they have released.

Last edited:
I got this update some time ago on the Y where the car actually uses the brakes as opposed to little or no regenerative braking when battery is charged too much or temps are too cold. It is so seamless you would never know what is doing what. Has anyone received this on an update of the S yet? I am surprised it is taking so long. Bottom line is you will never get the warning about low regenerative braking and the car will now respond the same no matter what the battery level may be at or how cold it may be. Honestly one of the better updates they have released.
I've been waiting for this for so long on my 2016 S, I sure hope we get it soon. This would be a literal "game changer" for Model S cars made before 2019 when the S got the front motor from a Model 3 and got 1 pedal driving to a complete stop.

I sure hope we get it sone day!