Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Support for Cross Traffic, Blind Spot Alerts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2023 MYLR on order. Do you all believe that Cross Traffic and Blind Spot Alerts will be available in that model without hardware modifications? I have been seeing a few recent videos which speculate that the necessary hardware will be 'discretely/secretly' rolled out starting with March production. Maybe I misunderstood their messaging. Anyway, looking for Tesla enthusiasts to weigh in.

Blind Spot Alerts already work on your car. (At least how Tesla implements them.)

Tesla has never offered/advertised Cross Traffic alerts on any of their vehicles. So that likely isn't coming to your car.
Which is ridiculous. Cars that cost far less than a Tesla have a much better suite of safety features, including cross traffic alert/emergency braking. Clearly Tesla is doing the least they can.

Which is ridiculous. Cars that cost far less than a Tesla have a much better suite of safety features, including cross traffic alert/emergency braking. Clearly Tesla is doing the least they can.
I previously owned the cheapest EV SUV with more than 60 KWh battery, that you could get in my country, sadly it was totalled by someone else, and wait times for a new car of the same make and model was very very long.

This car had 3 radars, one in the front for the Adaptive Cruise control, and one in each back corner of the car, to do blind spot monitoring and also rear cross traffic avoidance.

The LR MY i ordered, cost £13000 more, and has zero radars.

Go figure.