Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Surprise surprise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of my M3 on 2/16/19.

Drove it to MIL house on the other side of town today.
On the way home it suddenly started flashing warnings that the regenerative braking and auto pilot wasn't working ( don't even have auto pilot ) and several other things.

When I backed into my driveway I still had 45 miles of range.

At one point it flashed something about charging the battery and I think it was talking about the 12 volt battery.

The battery indicator had gone orange at about 50 miles when the warnings started.

Gives you a sick feeling in the pit of your stomach when you have gotten used to one pedal driving and suddenly when you let up on the gas, it doesn't slow down. Like going over the top of a roller coaster. No control at all -- or so it feels. Actually it still drives like an ICE CAR. 1st time so low on battery.

Coming home on Christmas day at about 55 miles of range left showing, my car started flashing warnings that the auto pilot wasn't working / cruise wasn't working/ regenerative braking wasn't working etc. etc.

Got it home ok.

Charged it up yesterday and took it out today and all was just fine.

No warnings at all. Everything worked.

So apparently it wasn't the 12 volt battery it was the main battery.

That is ridiculous to turn all the features off with 55 miles of range left.
I hope something is out of alignment or the setting is off.
I can see turning things off when you get down to 10 miles or so but 55 miles left and every thing quits?

Bullshit.

you're making an assumption here... it could have been any number of reasons. And you will see lots of posts where this happened to people mid-drive with full batteries. Then once the car sleeps (and the computers reboot) everything is ok.

And for the record, I've gotten down to <10 miles left a couple of times and never had this happen.

Correlation != causation.

Reactions: Arpe
Coming home on Christmas day at about 55 miles of range left showing, my car started flashing warnings that the auto pilot wasn't working / cruise wasn't working/ regenerative braking wasn't working etc. etc.

The three things of presumably many warnings, are all sensor related. If the sensor those things rely upon isn't working, then those things won't work. Lots of environmental things can make a sensor not work, temporarily.