Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Surprised at amount of production increase after first rain

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I never bothered rinsing / cleaning my panels since I will be a net producer for year and at .03 kwh payback at trueup not worth money or my time / risk to wash myself but..
i was surprised at the difference in production ... these are a few days apart so not due to immediate cooling of panels and ambient temp of days were similar / and only a few passing clouds on higher prod day.

I' m thinking some ash on there as well from fires not just normal dust of central valley ?
~ 24 vs ~ 36 kwh 😳

Attachments

• 06CAC97C-1E12-407A-87EA-99446CACD1F8.png
    06CAC97C-1E12-407A-87EA-99446CACD1F8.png
    183.4 KB · Views: 116
  • D0653BCC-5937-4769-912D-F3296FC1ABD9.png
    D0653BCC-5937-4769-912D-F3296FC1ABD9.png
    183.9 KB · Views: 49
My brother is in Fresno and had his panels cleaned this week. His increase wasn’t as big as yours, but he saw a solid ~25% gain day over day.

Lots of factors coming together this year… rain stopped so early, fires, plus the normal valley ag dust - they were pretty caked.

I clean my panels every few weeks so the most decrease I've seen is 5% or so.
i have a single story and fairly easily could hose off panels or even reach w/ a decent pole type cleaning brush etc so i prob misspoke in 1st post of any personal risk .. but knowing i was a net producer prevented any drive to do it ... still seeing difference and my ocd makes me feel i "neglected" them 🤣

i have a single story and fairly easily could hose off panels or even reach w/ a decent pole type cleaning brush etc so i prob misspoke in 1st post of any personal risk .. but knowing i was a net producer prevented any drive to do it ... still seeing difference and my ocd makes me feel i "neglected" them 🤣

Do you have gas or propane appliances? Time to start switching over. Gas water heater? Go with an electric hybrid. The cost per BTU is the same as NG and only half of propane.

Do you have gas or propane appliances? Time to start switching over. Gas water heater? Go with an electric hybrid. The cost per BTU is the same as NG and only half of propane.
yea we have ng this area .. i am def buying hybrid water heater moment they go on sale again / have it set deal alerts.. looking forward to side effect of keeping temp down bit more in garage next summer

Reactions: sorka
I have a single story home and a water-powered rotating brush on an extendable pole meant for cleaning second-story windows. It has worked well for cleaning my panels, but it's only practical to use when standing on the peak of the roof. Otherwise I'd need to be on a ladder and move the ladder many times. But I have not used it for some time because of concern about water consumption.

Reactions: Electrph