Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspension fell apart

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's a Control Arm and it's no joke. Pretty wild that its not quadruple checked for utmost security
The recall has details. It's all automated on the assembly line:
"During assembly, the operator is tasked with securing both fasteners to the correct specification, which are registered in the torque record for the vehicle. In rare circumstances, if the operator made several unsuccessful attempts to torque a fastener to specification, the operator may have subsequently loosened a properly secured fastener. The torque record may not have accounted for the loosening of the fastener."
The remedy:
"A multi-spindle tool, which secures the fasteners simultaneously, has been applied to the assembly step. The tool’s loosening feature was disabled by default and programmed to lock itself from further action if there are three unsuccessful attempts to secure a fastener. The operator cannot unlock the tool to loosen or back out a bolt without a production manager’s inspection and approval."
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2021/RCLRPT-21V835-2749.PDF

I just had an issue with my 2021 model 3 LR my car only has 3600 miles on it. I pulled into QT gas station to make a call and when I put my car in reverse to park it I heard a loud crank noise coming from underneath. I put the car into park and noticed a huge bolt on the ground. I looked under the car and it looked like a suspension part was almost on the floor. Very frustrating considering this is a brand new $52k car. View attachment 766647
Not a experience to repeat. Good think it happened when it did, and not on the highway.

I just had an issue with my 2021 model 3 LR my car only has 3600 miles on it. I pulled into QT gas station to make a call and when I put my car in reverse to park it I heard a loud crank noise coming from underneath. I put the car into park and noticed a huge bolt on the ground. I looked under the car and it looked like a suspension part was almost on the floor. Very frustrating considering this is a brand new $52k car. View attachment 766647
Report it to the NHTSA!

Reactions: XPsionic