Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suspension on low vs standard

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a huge fan of my SAS on the low setting (especially with my 21s) but just how "bad" is it on your tires? I understand the rear camber can't be adjusted so your tires will wear more on the inside but does anybody have any idea (ballpark) just how much? Could you go 20k on low vs 40k on standard or is closer like 25k vs 30k? I only put about 8k miles on every year but was curious how much I could expect to go through tires.
On that same note, what have others done to resolve this? I've seen there's a bushing kit or a new control arm (hope I'm using the right terms) but any recommendations to make the low setting more permanent?
Thanks in advance-

Not sure about this, but lots of Model X owners have begun to lower their vehicles to reduce the shudder under full hard acceleration.

Not many reports of uneven tire wear recently from these people. Perhaps Tesla has solved that issue which showed up on the Model S.

Yes, no rear camber adjustment.
Yes , high speed acceleration in lowered mode ears rear tires.
I burned thru 2 sets of rears till California told me to take it out of lower mode.
Its cool looking, probably effective on interstate ,
But eats inside of rear tires up fast. Like 5k,

Yes, no rear camber adjustment.
Yes , high speed acceleration in lowered mode ears rear tires.
I burned thru 2 sets of rears till California told me to take it out of lower mode.
Its cool looking, probably effective on interstate ,
But eats inside of rear tires up fast. Like 5k,
Interesting, I have found that in low mode the car rides much nicer over bumps and potholes. On high it’s extremely rough