Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

suspension package on 2016 Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I purchased it, but cannot get it to "remember" locations at which I manually lift the clearance of the car. I have tried multiple times to lift to very high at several steep driveways, both at slow speeds, and with brake on, then proceed to drive over the inclines. Then park. The next trip to the same location results in no recognition of the site by GPS, and no alteration of the suspension. I have to open the control screen every time and lift the car manually. Any suggestions? The SC in Charlotte has no idea what to tell me.

I thought I was having this problem last week, but as I watched more carefully it did pick up the car, and later lower it, though not quite where/when I expected. The problem may be with the accuracy circle of the GPS which can cause the location to move around a bit. I suggest manually raising a block away, and then manually lowering a block away, and see if it does any better with remembering.

Very weird that the SC cannot help you. Try an email to [email protected].

Thank you. I have been raising and lowering a block or two from the destination, and then return later in the day but there is never any recognition of the location. Oddly the car raised itself yesterday while I was traveling on a flat road I take every day to work. I've never flagged this as a location to the suspension system but it raised the car to very high while I was driving. I did contact the Tesla service email. They sent my question right back to my local dealer, who says there is no indication anything is wrong with the car! I'm going to take pictures of my touchscreen while setting the suspension and send these snapshots to my local dealer so they can at least see what is coming up in the screen when I attempt to set a location.