Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Swap my Dark Wood for Carbon Fiber 2021.5 - 2022 Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can do this instead, much simpler and cheaper:

INTERIOR WRAP FOR 2021-2022 TESLA MODEL S / MODEL X (CENTER CONSOLE, DASH, DOOR TRIMS AND CUP HOLDERS)​

INTERIOR WRAP FOR 2021-2022 TESLA MODEL S / MODEL X (CENTER CONSOLE, DASH, DOOR TRIMS AND CUP HOLDERS)​

I had that 3M stuff in my GT-R and it looked tacky and a bit ghetto. More for the Honda crowd.

P.S Your prices are super high vs other tesla stores.

I paid $150,000+ for my Plaid. I'm not putting stickers and wraps on the inside of the car.

That's Ghetto IMO.

Thanks for using my thread as your advertising platform though.
You said you have a problem and both @glide and I offered different solutions to your problem. Just because you don't like them, doesn't make it OK to be so hostile to either of us. A lot of what happens around is people exchanging links to products and services, sharing ideas and experiences. One could speculate that a better way to express your feelings is to say "Thank you, just looking for a different solution" instead of asking @glide to pay your bill for instance.

And yes, I would sometimes give a link to my products when I think that would be relevant and helpful. I have over 40 products so far but I gave you a link to that specific one that allows you to transform your wood interior into carbon fiber interior for a lot less money than buying the actual parts from Tesla. That's why I pay TMC to be allowed to do that, that's why you'll see a "Global Vendor" badge under my profile - because I pay to be allowed to share links to my products.

So just saying... perfectly OK that you don't want vinyl products or to pay a lot of money, just be polite please. Real people here and most of us try to help whenever we can 👍

I paid $150,000+ for my Plaid. I'm not putting stickers and wraps on the inside of the car.

That's Ghetto IMO.

Thanks for using my thread as your advertising platform though.
Ain't no way in hell anyone is going to remove the decor from their center console and mess up the mechanism for the sliding door and sliding cup holders. That thing is a PITA to disassemble. Also since the wood and carbon fiber material is different its not just a simple swap on the center console they fit slightly different, you're better off ordering a whole new center conole instead. 2k+

Reactions: iyordanov
Before bashing others for giving you alternative ideas on the forums, have you tried doing the research on the amount of work it takes to swap the trims, let alone the risks?

I had a blemish “crack” on drawer of my center console. Instead of removing that piece and swapping it, Tesla swapped the entire console because they didn’t want to be accountable for further issues. So if you find someone, you’ll be on your own to disassemble and reinstall, and hope one of you doesn’t crack or scratch the trim you’re trading. I think a creaking car because of loose trims is a lot more tacky…

Also get off your high horse, everyone on this forum has a $100k+ car so you aren’t superior, stop being an asshole.

is this easy to DIY or should i pay a wrap guy to do it