Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Swapping rim and tire from one tela to another

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went to a Tire works store by my house. I asked if they can take a complete rim and tire from one Tesla that is identical and put on another Tesla, both model 3 long range. He said it might affect the tire sensors? Does that make any sense? Wouldn't that be the same as a tire rotation on a car?

Let me know thoughts please.

Last edited:
I went to a Tire works store by my house. I asked if they can take a complete rim and tire from one Tesla that is identical and put on another Tesla, both model 3 long range. He said it might affect the tire sensors? Does that make any sense? Wouldn't that be the same as a tire rotation on a car?

Let me know thoughts please.

Would depend on what model year they are, and whether they both have bluetooth sensors or both have the older style 433hz sensors. Yes, what they told you makes sense. No, its not necessarily like a tire rotation because you are not taking off and putting back on the same vehicle.

if they are both the same model year it would be no issue, but you dont state that here, and if you didnt state that to the tire shop, they gave you a good answer.