Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Swapping Teslas - what to do with profile?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

A M3 long range has come up at work so I’m putting my SR+ into the pool for someone else to use. Should I do a reset in my current Tesla to sign out of my apps, Wi-Fi etc. and when I get the new car can you transfer driver profiles so when I get into the car I don’t have to set everything up again from scratch? Or is it linked to the app?

Many thanks in advance.

Richard

I have also found this difficult to implement.

Tesla has mentioned "cloud profiles" for some time, but there doesn't seem to be a way to access this from the car.

Tony
I have logged in to my cloud profile so it is possible to do. I don’t remember the full step as I am not with my car at the moment but if you go to add profile I think there is an option to update to cloud profile. I can go through it once I am in the car and add a video. Or check the online manual

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi All,

A M3 long range has come up at work so I’m putting my SR+ into the pool for someone else to use. Should I do a reset in my current Tesla to sign out of my apps, Wi-Fi etc. and when I get the new car can you transfer driver profiles so when I get into the car I don’t have to set everything up again from scratch? Or is it linked to the app?

Many thanks in advance.

Richard
I think your profile needs to be in cloud for the stuff to get transferred. I guess it is slightly different if you have access to both cars as you can log in using the same details.

Upvote 0
I think your profile needs to be in cloud for the stuff to get transferred. I guess it is slightly different if you have access to both cars as you can log in using the same details.
Thanks, I’ve done a quick read through of the instructions on the Tesla website so I’ll give it at go. There will be a day where I’ll have both cars available but they’re both linked to Lex Autolease so I’m not expecting it to be straight forward but I’m sure I’ll get there with it. 🙃

Upvote 0
I can confirm that 'Cloud Profile' is very useful in swapping cars.

This week I collected a Model Y & had already saved my default profile with the Model 3.

I inspected the new car (immaculate), signed to accept & was ready to drive away. The cloud profile was already an option & the car immediately replicated every aspect of the other vehicle. Not only seat, mirror, driving, Autopilot etc 'fixed' settings which I expected but also the same 'variable' climate & seat heating settings, which I didn't expect (20C, fan 3, seats level 2).

A very impressive and convenient feature.

• Informative
Reactions: spdpsba
Upvote 0
Word of warning. I got caught because home location is now part of the profile. I did not realise so only set it on my profile not my wifes. As a result the "exclude home" option on sentry mode only worked when I drove the car home not if my wife did. I kept finding sentry mode on while at home. Took me about a week to figure out what was going on.

• Informative
Reactions: WannabeOwner
Upvote 0