Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Switch to 7 seat reservation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, you can't just change unless Tesla initiated it. In my case, I ordered Performance 7 seater when it was announced. Tesla contacted me In late Jan 2021 to change to LR 7 seater or Performance 5 seater. I wanted LR 7 seater and add the tow hitch (not an option when I ordered). However, she said it cannot be done w/o triggering the whole reordering. They already have pre-configured "equivalent" changes for people who ordered Performance 7 seater to LR 7 seater with 20 in wheels. If you don't like it, you just have to reconfigure the whole thing with current pricings.

I got alerted today that I need to update my config from the 7 seater performance to a different configuration. I called Tesla and they won’t budge on matching the price from when I initially gave them $2,500 back in 2019. They keep telling me my only option is to change to the 7 seat LR or 5 seat performance, at the current pricing. Can anyone help? Anyone have a contact who can help me? This is truly disappointing customer service, coming from a current Tesla owner since 2018.