Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Switched my M3 order to MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like it a lot. Despite some of the replies above, it has been a solid car, fun and easy to drive, and the 240 mile range has served me well. Is it sexy and high tech like the Tesla? Of course not. But since the M3 wasn't available when I leased my Bolt (and I couldn't wait for the M3), then it was the easy choice. I do wish it had adaptive cruise control, and the seats could be more comfortable, but it's a really good EV. It feels much more like a traditional car than the Tesla, of course. That said, I can't wait to get my Model Y!

That's awesome. After over a month and over 2,400 miles, I'm telling you, the Traffic Aware Cruise Control (TACC) is a game changer. I drove my girlfriend's vehicle (Jeep) and it was like going back in time. I found myself, even in her ICE car, setting cruise control all the time, when in other cases, with my decades of driving ICE cars, rarely using it. I also had to be sure to think about braking ahead of time and manually driving.

Reactions: Laguna M3
That's awesome. After over a month and over 2,400 miles, I'm telling you, the Traffic Aware Cruise Control (TACC) is a game changer. I drove my girlfriend's vehicle (Jeep) and it was like going back in time. I found myself, even in her ICE car, setting cruise control all the time, when in other cases, with my decades of driving ICE cars, rarely using it. I also had to be sure to think about braking ahead of time and manually driving.

I know it will be a game changer for me. I have a lot of stiffness in my right leg due to a spinal cord injury and taking the stress off my leg will be great.

Did they simply transfer your $100 order fee to the MY? Interested in doing the same thing, but curious if I lose out the $100 order fee on the M3.
You lose out on the $100 that you put down for the M3. Small price to pay to get the best car for my needs (and the one I want!).

I changed my mind as well and they wouldn't transfer the $100. Just my 2 cents, its obviously not about the money if I'm plunking down 60k+ $100 isn't the issue. It's more of a principal thing. It doesn't make sense to ding your customers for upgrading and spending even more money. It sounds like an administrative task that can be achieved by a few clicks of the mouse. But anyway still looking forward to my MY.