Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Switching through your favorite channels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I discovered that a long push left/right changed stations, but it only switched back to FM radio (if I was on streaming). And even then, only to the most recent station I had (I have two favorite FM stations).

I'm on 2018.32.2

Yep 32.2 broke it. I contacted Tesla about the bug and they said they couldn't reproduce it on their end, so if you're having the same problem, please report it to them via the website so they know it's happening to other people. It was like they wouldn't believe me until I made a video showing how it was broken. Something is weird with the way the media player handles FM station favorites, because it will work normally if you don't have any FM favorites. You can get it to temporarily work again by removing and re-adding all your favorites, FM stations last. However, if you reset the screen manually, it breaks it again. Very frustrating. Not fixed on 34.1 either. I also have this new bug where the Slacker favorites will disappear every single time the car sleeps, which is annoying to no end.

Yep 32.2 broke it. I contacted Tesla about the bug and they said they couldn't reproduce it on their end, so if you're having the same problem, please report it to them via the website so they know it's happening to other people. It was like they wouldn't believe me until I made a video showing how it was broken. Something is weird with the way the media player handles FM station favorites, because it will work normally if you don't have any FM favorites. You can get it to temporarily work again by removing and re-adding all your favorites, FM stations last. However, if you reset the screen manually, it breaks it again. Very frustrating. Not fixed on 34.1 either. I also have this new bug where the Slacker favorites will disappear every single time the car sleeps, which is annoying to no end.

I reported it through the website's "Ask a Question" page a couple weeks back but no response... I don't have any FM stations favorited, only Slacker stuff, but mine freezes randomly when trying to do "long press" on the steering wheel to cycle favorites, and requires a screen reset to unstick the UI. Really annoying since I used that feature all the time.