Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Switzerland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice to see Switzerland mentioned expressively in Teslas Q4 report:
"For example, in Switzerland, Model S outsold the Mercedes Benz S-Class, the BMW 7- Series, the Porsche Panamera and the Audi A-8 combined for the full year, and also outsold the Mercedes Benz E-Class."

So: "Hello California - welcome in the Swiss car market."

Hello fellow Swiss Tesla Owners. Just a quick bit of good news for you: my Swiss 85D received an update this morning with Summon!
ad18c830540c321f1ed6ed0ae23fa96b.jpg
0d03e1d50a6301f91e9449425c39d833.jpg

Isn't it weird, from a risk perspective? Using the smart phone app, you can get your car to move forward or backward without having any visibility of the car, from far away, e.g. from within a building, from another city or country... At least with the keyfob, you would have to be relatively close to the car in order to trigger the motion. It seems that it's getting more and more risky to let your smart phone with the Tesla app get in the wrong or inexperienced or fun loving hands. What am I missing?

Isn't it weird, from a risk perspective? Using the smart phone app, you can get your car to move forward or backward without having any visibility of the car, from far away, e.g. from within a building, from another city or country... At least with the keyfob, you would have to be relatively close to the car in order to trigger the motion. It seems that it's getting more and more risky to let your smart phone with the Tesla app get in the wrong or inexperienced or fun loving hands. What am I missing?

I'm with you. I've only had the car for a few days but I'm finding the iOS app to be quite unreliable on my iPhone 6S. Maybe it's because connectivity under a concrete ceiling is not the best?

Regarding safety, it is mentioned that the keyfob must be close to the car for the Summon feature to work (but it requires Summoning from the smartphone).

Regarding safety, it is mentioned that the keyfob must be close to the car for the Summon feature to work (but it requires Summoning from the smartphone).

correct. It requires your keyfob to be close to the car to be able to Summon.
Tried in my office garage with poor 3G connection and the car refused to move. Tried the same at home with good coverage and bingo, works fine.

Hi there,

I launch this post to list all the Model S reservations in Switzerland. So if you have one, please just post your number and location ! It would be nice to have some other infos. For example for my reservation, the vendor told me that I would receive my Model S in october 2013, but if I would take a Signature (change my reservation) it would be in January or February 2013...

Mine is P #926 and I'm located in Neuchâtel.

Greetings

You can get new aftermarket alloy 19 "wheels made by Rial Type (Lugano, especially made for Tesla) or ATS (eg type Radial), These are KBA approved and 5 years factory guarantee. Larger than 19" is noty approved by Tesla for the use of winter tyres. If you want, I can get them delivered, also in Switzerland. Will cost around 925 - 1025 e, depending on your choice, excl transport costs

You can get new aftermarket alloy 19 "wheels made by Rial Type (Lugano, especially made for Tesla) or ATS (eg type Radial), These are KBA approved and 5 years factory guarantee. Larger than 19" is noty approved by Tesla for the use of winter tyres. If you want, I can get them delivered, also in Switzerland. Will cost around 925 - 1025 e, depending on your choice, excl transport costs

Thanks for the info, I'm rather looking for a "local" dealer, not getting them from The Netherlands.

Hello Swiss folks .. I am traveling to Zurich with family for couple of weeks In June (10 -28) and my plan includes renting a car for a week. Was curious if Tesla is an option? I drive a 85D currently and would love to rent one.

If someone is traveling to Seattle US at that time and want to do a swap.. i am open for that too?

Cheers