Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Switzerland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Order here:

Kabelkonfektion Alder

I am not participating or involved, just a happy customer. My email got replied to within minutes at 2100 in the evening, I discussed options with a few extra messages, payed same day online. Next day, order as processed, adapters and cables manufactured, and sent. Quick, fair price - I would order there again without hesitation. Super service.

See pictures further up this page.

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the forum (as member at least). I ordered my Tesla model S by early November with estimated delivery of late February, which seems like an eternity. Looking forward to sharing experiences. I've read a lot of details about the car before buying, but I'm always looking out for news, ideas, options, etc.

Extra equipement to use the Tesla UMC when not at home:

- Cable 15m, CEE16 plug to CEE16 socket, used when ever the UMC cable is too short (car too far away from the outlet).
- Adapter Swiss T15 type plug to CEE16 socket
- Adapter Euro/German/French... "Schuko" type plug to CEE16 socket
- Adapter CEE32 type plug to CEE16 type socket. Never used so far.

These can be seen in the images attached. The T15 is used in Switzerland, a 3 phase 10A connection. I used it in Grindelwald, with the extra 15 meter cable. The washing machine used the same socket.
(By now, my father in law got a CEE16 installed in the garage right next to where the car is. I would only have to use the T15 when the car has to stay outside.)

The Schuko is just to common not to have one. Used it when we visited friends in Frankfurt. 1 Phase, 10A max, depending on the installation.

Note:
This way to use the Tesla UMC is not recommended or covered by Tesla. The extra cable adapters make the UMC think it uses a red CEE16 always, delivering 16A on all 3 phases. You MUST reduce charging power by limiting the maximum current in the car!
I use: 8A / 3phase in Grindelwald, less when I am not sure about the quality of the installed connections. 10A when everything is perfect (10A is maximum for a T15 connection. Tesla UMC would be capable of 16A.)

Schuko: less than the 10A people think Schuko is made for. I only used it once so far. 5A in friend's garage in Frankfurt, there was way enough time.

What would I recommend to change:
- no need of the CEE32 so far. Could have left that one out.
- buy a blue CEE 16 1 phase adapter if you visit camping grounds or marinas often and have to charge there ("caravan/camping Stecker")
- buy "Phasendreher" piece of cable when you Must charge using Schuko in France.

That's it.
I do not need the T15 anymore by now (upgraded garage in Grindelwald ), and did not absolutely need the Schuko charge, as there are Type 2 chargers around.

PM me if you need a good supplier of the Adapters for a very reasonable price.

Question, I see you have dual chargers in your car, any reason you didn't order your 15m cable (and adaptors) as a CEE32? In case you would find a 3Phasex32A, you could plug the 15m to the tesla red adaptor of the UMC I believe. Then if you use the same cable for the other connectors (like T15) you would have to bring down the amps anyways like you do with the 16A version. Background: I was trying to find a combination where I would not need so many cables (like red 16/32 and blue). Thanks for your feedback.

update: The Hitch Rack I mentioned is not compatible with the European standards. Tesla recommended 3rd party racks like THULE. When ordering my Tesla I choose the "Accessory Hitch" option (which is now not available any more). It is possible to mount any Ski or Bike Hitch but NOT meant for towing any kind of trailer.
My question now is if the installed accessory hitch will also provide a plug to connect to a rack, f.e.:

Attachments

• thule_easy_fold_2_bike_cycle_towball_car_rack_th931021.jpg
    thule_easy_fold_2_bike_cycle_towball_car_rack_th931021.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 64
Hello y'all!
Quite new around here!

I ordered my Model S 90D a bit more than a week ago (23 dec) and it is reported to be already in production (1 day after manual confirmation on 28th!). Hoping it to be delivered late march, maybe before. Can't wait!

Read above that Swiss Teslas are shipped directly from the US, skipping assembly in Tilburg. Wonder why that is...

Also, what about the european energy label classification against swiss cantons vehicle taxes? My electricity at home comes only from renewable sources, making my soon to be Model S effectively a zero emissions vehicle. Can I use this for anything about taxes? Are any of you from Freiburg have actual info on how your Tesla is taxed – or not?

Hello y'all!
Quite new around here!

I ordered my Model S 90D a bit more than a week ago (23 dec) and it is reported to be already in production (1 day after manual confirmation on 28th!). Hoping it to be delivered late march, maybe before. Can't wait!

Read above that Swiss Teslas are shipped directly from the US, skipping assembly in Tilburg. Wonder why that is...

Also, what about the european energy label classification against swiss cantons vehicle taxes? My electricity at home comes only from renewable sources, making my soon to be Model S effectively a zero emissions vehicle. Can I use this for anything about taxes? Are any of you from Freiburg have actual info on how your Tesla is taxed – or not?

You mean the "canton of FR" in Switzerland, so you should have a taxe of 813.- CHF for a Tesla Model S. It's not really supporting zero emissions vehicle !
You have only the following "Cantons" where you don't have to pay taxes: GE, GL, OW, SG, SO and ZH.

FYI, I now pay 444.- CHF taxes in AG (canton of Madame Leuthard !!) for a Tesla Model S and I paid 430.- CHF taxes in the past for my Mercedes Class E350 !!

Last edited:
You mean the "canton of FR" in Switzerland, so you should have a taxe of 813.- CHF for a Tesla Model S. It's not really supporting zero emissions vehicle !
You have only the following "Cantons" where you don't have to pay taxes: GE, GL, OW, SG, SO and ZH.

Um, good news I guess. I just found out there are new classifications for 2017. If you do a search here (Bundesamt für Energie BFE -Fahrzeugliste) with only "Tesla" as the brand you get a current list of all models with their respective classifications.

On this list, only the Model X P100D is B class, all other models are A class!! Including mine of course the S 90D.

As for the canton of Freiburg, all A class vehicles are tax free for the first three years!

Win! :-D

For reference, this new year's (2017) energy efficiency labels are as follow:

Model – Weight [kg] – Energy consumption – eff.-cat. – CO2 [g/km]
TESLA MODEL S 60 – 2074 – 18.1 kWh/100km –
eff_a.gif
– 0
TESLA MODEL S 75 – 2188 – 18.5 kWh/100km –
eff_a.gif
– 0
TESLA MODEL S 60D – 2269 – 18.6 kWh/100km –
eff_a.gif
– 0
TESLA MODEL S 75D – 2269 – 18.6 kWh/100km –
eff_a.gif
– 0
TESLA MODEL S 90D – 2309 – 18.9 kWh/100km –
eff_a.gif
– 0
TESLA MODEL S 90D Performance – 2357 – 20.0 kWh/100km –
eff_a.gif
– 0
TESLA MODEL S 100D Performance – 2402 – 20.0 kWh/100km –
eff_a.gif
– 0
TESLA MODEL X 75D – 2523 – 20.8 kWh/100km –
eff_a.gif
– 0
TESLA MODEL X 90D – 2560 – 20.8 kWh/100km –
eff_a.gif
– 0
TESLA MODEL X P90D – 2610 – 21.7 kWh/100km –
eff_a.gif
– 0
TESLA MODEL X P90D Signature – 2610 – 21.7 kWh/100km –
eff_a.gif
– 0
TESLA MODEL X 100D Performance – 2658 – 22.6 kWh/100km –
eff_b.gif
– 0

Source: Bundesamt für Energie BFE -Fahrzeugliste

Reactions: Bladerunner
Anybody in Switzerland waiting for a delivery? Ordered very early Dec, initially showed April, then Feb/mMarch and just moved last week to March/April. Their status info was wrong at all time (confirmed by rep, they have IT issues, at least for Swiss cars).

Since I'm getting not much information from my rep, I was wondering if you had received any? My perception is that pretty much no cars arrived in Switzerland in Q1 yet, which would mean they're being sent in batches on the same ship. A number of British customers said that their car was loaded on the Maersk Kentucky (just left Virginia) to Antwerp. Not sure if that matches the info some of you might have received.

So, if you are currently waiting for a car for Switzerland, did you get any information from your rep?