Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sync With Smartphone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering once an iPhone is synced with a M3 (or I suppose MS or MX) through bluetooth or maybe even direct connect with USB, what features would be show up on the touchscreen? Would I see a caller’s name, phone number, or picture? How about music would I control my music playlist on my iphone and see cover pictures, etc.... or just the name of the song?

Apple has Carplay where there’s a user interface that looks similar to the phone and has advanced features besides just bluetooth calling.

I am wondering since the phone holder/charger for M3 is low in the center console whether I would need to get a separate dash holder so that I can see easier at closer to eye level rather than looking down while driving.

I have a MX but I think M3 works the same? Yes on contact name and phone number, not sure about picture. Most of my contacts have no picture. And for music, Spotify shows up really nicely on the screen. It has the Album cover, song name, artist name, back, play/pause, next buttons. You can't change playlist or search on the touchscreen though. My wife's iPhone has no music stored on it so can't really try that. She only listens to Spotify.