Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

T Sportline Carbon Fiber Dash Panel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Considering purchasing this carbon dah panel from T-sportline. I'm not sure if I have mixed it up with something else, but I think I read somewhere that there are two versions of the wood dash panel? Did Tesla change size? Reason why I'm asking is because I'm in Europe and don't want to order the wrong panel for my car.

Also see that the T-sportline piece is put "on top" of the wood piece. Does this have any negative or visual downsides. Was just thinking how the fit and finish will be when installed. Reason going with this more expensive variant is of course that I'm afraid that wrapping it will look more cheap.

Any input from you guys who have installed the T-sportline carbon dash would be much appreciated!

Thanks a lot!

You're thinking about Abstract Ocean that stated two different types of dash for the Model 3.

From Abstract Ocean:
"Please note, there's two versions of the Model 3 dash, the newer version, in cars from around May/June onward, have a narrow piece of aluminum trim at the bottom of the wood over the steering wheel. If you have this, please order the "new" dash wrap.

As for fit and finish I don't know how it looks since I didn't bother installing mine. The OP has had it on his car for a few weeks so he can probably let you know how he's liking it.

• Informative
Reactions: evster
D2229EFE-C652-488D-AE44-CA8EB830F8AE.jpeg
8D5C87FD-509A-4BA4-B038-B26997352CF9.jpeg
CDB457B5-B399-4F11-8054-8156917C4467.jpeg
I forgot to post pics of my install.
Had it installed by TSportsline a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks for posting, looks excellent!
Was the install simple? Is the fit and finish with the "bolt on" good?
Following up on earlier question, is your car one of those that have the newer dash panel?
Don’t know how simple the install was since I did tint on the car same day so it was an all-day job. I believe it’s supposed to just snap on but knowing me, I would have messed it up.

I like the finish except for the pattern being a little off on the lower right side of the panel.

I don’t know what you mean by newer dash panel? The car is a mid-range delivered in early December.

• Informative
Reactions: evster
I ordered the T Sportline CF dash panel during their ‘V’ day sale with the price drop and free shipping to Canada. FedEx delivery. Goy lucky with no fees, no duty, no tax. Very heavy duty shipping tube. I’m not installing it until the weather warms up however I did remove the end caps to test fit it. I used a plastic trim tool from the top to gently pry it off rather than banging it off from the inside edge.

Very high quality CF piece. Very light, 5.6 ozs/160 grams. Nicely finished edges all around. Very nice matte finish similar to the CF on the S and X with the same bottom right to top left pattern. I may add another strip of 3M VHB tape on the inside of the 2 existing strips to ensure a good bond, especially on the front edge.

I’ll follow up in a month or so with the install:

40CFBAC2-003E-4163-8D1A-2896D17CE916.jpeg

4D5A8869-FCF0-4C4E-BC62-757F30AA90A3.jpeg

0E10E83E-3DE7-481B-9B3E-38593811C063.jpeg

41F95CF0-C61B-4AE4-85A0-4AF4F24E6462.jpeg

D568426C-7A95-4E1A-B9AD-D4D6FACB5898.jpeg

I either got a bad piece or my dash was a little off - I don't even want to tell you what mountain I had to climb to get it to fit mostly right. Hope you have better luck.

Thanks. Mine test fits fine so far. I’ve also test held it in place and re-installed the end caps. I bought a 15’ roll of the same RP25 3M VHB tape they use. I’m going to add it to double the width (not thickness) to give it more adhesive surface area at the rear and possibly at the front as well once I check it for clearance with putty. I’ll also warm up the wood prior to install. Will post the results once the weather warms.