TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

TACC disable - dependent on Internet/Maps?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by ev-now, Dec 29, 2016.

1. ev-now

ev-now Member

My wife was driving yesterday and TACC suddenly disabled. Just before it disabled the map stopped updating properly - half ot the screen was block tiles, not detail. Map stayed 'frozen' for a couple of miles then refreshed properly - exactly the same time as TACC came back.

I cannot see why these would be correlated, but timing was remarkable if not related. Wondering if there's something funky going with the computer (not the latest 8.0 firmware, but still it is on 8.0-something). AP and TACC seem to disable at the strangest times, on roads/locations they have been active before.

2. S4WRXTTCS

S4WRXTTCS Active Member

TACC does use maps for information on cornering speeds, but I believe this is provided by offline/pre-downloaded maps. They're not the same maps that you see with Google maps.

I've used TACC lots of times without interruption in areas without cell coverage.

3. ev-now

ev-now Member

Good to know, thanks.

Perhaps the screen 'stutter' then freeze was indicative of the computer getting bogged down in general which presumably would have the TACC/AP disable. Hoping and assuming there are critical systems, and expendable in that situation.