Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tail Light alignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Should the trunk part of the tail light be align with the side both side tail lights or should the trunk tail light be little pushed in? I have no other MY to compare with my MY and I'm trying to figure out if that is something that should be this way or not. Anyone minds posting a picture of their tail light. Thank you.

F37814BC-0C86-4346-8D73-11303E1FA578.jpeg
DB536B2C-1FAD-450A-ABFE-BBFCD19C9051.jpeg

My right assembly is almost perfect, the left one looks a little worse than yours.
BLFeJ3b.jpg

My problem is the charge port sit flush with the car and is PERFECTLY fitted, I mentioned this when I dropped off my Y for its post-delivery SC visit and I hope it can be adjusted without messing up the charge port. On the other hand, maybe it's the light assembly mounted to the hatch that needs to be adjusted. Fingers crossed they get it right.

Beware. I had my taillights adjusted at the SC. They got them to align a bit better, but after I took it home I noticed that the right tail lights were catching each other when the hatch opened after the adjustment. Took it back to the SC. They changed the hatch alignment to “fix” this new issue. Afterwards, the gap between the roof and hatch glass was big enough to allow water into the car during car washes. Now it’s back at the SC again, and they’ve had it at a body shop for 11+ days to fix the new hatch alignment issue.

I wish I would’ve never complained about the taillight alignment!

Taillight alignment seems to be a common problem. I was told it was "within specs". If true, then the specs should be changed as it is obvious to a 10 year old that there is an issue. That being said, I decided to live with it, as is, for the reasons stated by "Levelheaded". Sometimes the pursuit of perfection just leads to more problems. Overall, the car is fantastic. I will never purchase an ICE car again!!

Reactions: ilikemypizza
Beware. I had my taillights adjusted at the SC. They got them to align a bit better, but after I took it home I noticed that the right tail lights were catching each other when the hatch opened after the adjustment. Took it back to the SC. They changed the hatch alignment to “fix” this new issue. Afterwards, the gap between the roof and hatch glass was big enough to allow water into the car during car washes. Now it’s back at the SC again, and they’ve had it at a body shop for 11+ days to fix the new hatch alignment issue.

I forgot to mention, they also damaged my matte PPF on the tailgate and scratched the paint under it while adjusting. They’re fixing the paint at the body shop but I’ll still have to pay out of pocket to have the PPF redone on the affected section

same thing happened to me... my MY is at the SC today (again) to address the tailgate/taillights, very large gap on the driver side and between the glass, plus the common rear seat folding issue

luckily they had an older MS P85D avail as a loaner, although it was locked in chill mode

Attachments

• 5DF0BE75-E362-42CA-99EA-8DBA6397A825.jpeg
    5DF0BE75-E362-42CA-99EA-8DBA6397A825.jpeg
    211.9 KB · Views: 454
  • 8F9359E4-224C-44DE-AB28-F1CEDF100D00.jpeg
    8F9359E4-224C-44DE-AB28-F1CEDF100D00.jpeg
    382.6 KB · Views: 475
  • 8E68097C-F879-46C8-95AA-BA5B6097134F.jpeg
    8E68097C-F879-46C8-95AA-BA5B6097134F.jpeg
    284.7 KB · Views: 590