Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taking Delivery next week!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just checked the account today and now it says to "Prepare for Delivery" and fill in location, registration details, trade, payment details. How long do you think VIN assignment and delivery is after this step?

I did that 2 weeks ago.. still no VIN or delivery info :( I have been looking at the spreadsheet and it seems like deliveries are sporadic based on area. Probably when a truck gets to a specific location or is supposed to get to one. With the factory closing now.. probably will be months before most people get delivers now. Sucks as I have to turn in a lease soon and was hoping to get it sooner rather then later.

Reactions: Germam01
I did that 2 weeks ago.. still no VIN or delivery info :( I have been looking at the spreadsheet and it seems like deliveries are sporadic based on area. Probably when a truck gets to a specific location or is supposed to get to one. With the factory closing now.. probably will be months before most people get delivers now. Sucks as I have to turn in a lease soon and was hoping to get it sooner rather then later.

Same here - I've been in the "We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment" stage since 3/3.

Could use some advice. I updated all the Order information as well, except for the Payment Method. do I need to do this right now or wait till a VIN assigned. I don't think I can get a 3rd party loan without a VIN ?? am I wrong ??

I'd like to use Tesla loan, but I think the credit application is only good for 30 days........can't believe I will get a VIN that fast.

If I hold the payment method..........does that hold them giving me a VIN ??

Thoughts

Ordered White/ Black interior/ 19" Gemini wheels / AWD

Very excited and very nervous about getting a new car in all this mess !!!!! UGH!!

Tesla wants to deliver before end of quarter, as in, in the next 10 days.

If they have your configuration, and you have completed the requested info (registration/insurance/payment method), they will schedule your delivery before 1 April.

So, if you are committed to accept delivery in the next 10 day, and they match you with a VIN, things can happen very fast to beat EOQ sale. If not, Tesla takes their time when a new quarter begins.

You can complete as much as you can, and talk to Tesla - Inside Delivery Team in Las Vegas can help you with completing the steps.

Good Luck.
I think it's possible to match you with a VIN.
Let us know if you get a Y in the next 10 days.