Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taking Delivery of MY March 20th VIN 141xxx

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there,

First-time Tesla owner need some advice. I am taking delivery of my brand new Model Y this Saturday (March 20) in Toronto and just wanted to make sure I got all my bases covered. I downloaded the pre-delivery walk inspection checklist so that is good. Need advice on a few more things:

1) Thoughts on PPF and/or Ceramic coat for the car? I have seen information here on it being good and I will be driving mostly highway and about 600 kms/week
2) I will be ordering the Mud Flaps but they are currently out of stock? Any better recommendations are welcome
3) The MAXpider floor mats seem like the top choice on all the youtube videos I have seen. Will be ordering those in the next day or two. If anyone has any better recommendations I would love them.
4) For the Sentry/Dashcam Mode - Should i order a new SSD Drive or stick to the USB Stick that comes in the car?

I am sorry if most/all of these questions are repeats from other threads. I have read most of the threads and just want to put all the info together. Mostly need confirmation about my choices.

Thanks everyone

Hey, I'm also picking up a Model Y in Toronto this week (MY AWD VIN also in the 141xxx). Congratulations.
In terms of floor mats, I have a set of MAXpider on my SUV and had the Tuxmats on my old Model 3. The Tuxmats win hands down, they are easier to clean and the grooves are better for the snow.
I'm looking for mudflaps, hoping to hear experiences.

I originally bought the Tesla all weather mats for my new Model Y, and didn’t like the fit so ordered the 3D Maxpiders (my dad, sister, and brother-in-law all have them too) maxpiders fit really great. The Tuxmats looked really good, but they were a lot more. With the $ saved, I’ll get Homelink. I also i’ve read that USB flash drives are not intended to be written to frequently and can eventually result in data corruption. I went and head and got the scan disk 500 Gb extreme portable SSD. Waiting for Tesla mud flaps to be back in stock.

I have Xpel PPF on my MX for 4.5 years now, still holding up great. Great protection for rock chip but can’t protect from door ding from car parked next to you... Will be wrapping my MY too once I pick it up on Monday... can’t wait.