Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taking over my family friends Model Y reservation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All,

One of my family friend has a Model Y reservation on his account (no other tesla on that email) which he doesn’t want to take delivery off. What are the steps for me to continue and take the delivery with my name on the registration and finance but only using his current registration email address?

I have been seeing people selling the existing reservations on TMC, please help. Thank you.

I had a similar situation and I think you should be able to do it with the help from a good SA.
I have two Tesla orders (one for M3, the other for MY) on my account reserved about the same time (last July) and I was able to transfer M3 order to a close friend. Rough procedure below:
After my friend test driving the M3 and agreed with the transfer, I emailed my SA, asking him to put my friend's driver's license and his address on the registration for that order. My friend and I will share my account before his delivery. After that, he can switch the car to his own account. We were able to keep the original pricing and can avoid him paying sales tax twice if he were to buy it from me after delivery.