Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Talk me out of ordering a set of 21" Turbine Wheels for my P85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Staggered Vossen CVT's 20x10.5 in the rear with a 5mm spacer and 20x9 in the front. $4,200 all in with the tires and I got to keep my 19 inch stock wheels. I believe they are the perfect compromise after having had staggered 21 inch turbines on my P85+. Unlike Tesla, Vossen invested in 4 molds so all four wheels are directionaly correct.
Silver CVTs on the silver car looks sharp! Those were on my shortlist as well. What tires did you end up with?

Silver CVTs on the silver car looks sharp! Those were on my shortlist as well. What tires did you end up with?

First, thanks for the kinds words. I am really pleased with the look and have been stopped numerous times by people asking me about the wheels. Considered a number of different size options. While I liked the 265/35's on the rear of my P85+, the ride was pretty harsh given the chewed up roads around here. I opted for 275/40-20 Pirelli P Zeros on the rear rather than 285/35's so that I would have a little more sidewall and a slightly more comfortable ride. It is about as much of a stretch as you would want to have on a 10.5 inch rim but within spec. I am running 245/40 on the front. The rear diameter is about 3.4% variation from the current stock 21 inch turbines, so at 70 the speedometer is off by about 2 mph. The difference in front and rear diameter is not significant and not a factor because of the independent motors and self leveling air suspension. I have been really happy with the ride and traction.

Staggered Vossen CVT's 20x10.5 in the rear with a 5mm spacer and 20x9 in the front. $4,200 all in with the tires and I got to keep my 19 inch stock wheels. I believe they are the perfect compromise after having had staggered 21 inch turbines on my P85+. Unlike Tesla, Vossen invested in 4 molds so all four wheels are directionaly correct.

View attachment 82514

Looks great!. Thanks for mentioning we did invest in 4 molds for a true directional wheel!!!

Vossen Wheels