Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tar/Sap spot that i cant seem to remove. Pictures included

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
washed my car today and noticed this tar/sap/hard water spot that i cant seem to remove at all

ive tried chemical guys hard water remover, rubbing alcohol and clay bar already

any idea what this could be and what i can use to get this off?

THANK YOU!

Attachments

• IMG_9411.JPG
    IMG_9411.JPG
    272.5 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_9412.JPG
    IMG_9412.JPG
    293 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_9413.JPG
    IMG_9413.JPG
    379.2 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_9414.JPG
    IMG_9414.JPG
    368.3 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_9415.JPG
    IMG_9415.JPG
    428.6 KB · Views: 128
While you took good pictures and the spot is clearly visible, it is hard to tell from the picture. with the steps you have already taken, looking at it, again, hard to tell from the pictures, it seems like it may be an actual issue with the clear coat. If you gently rub your finger over it, do you feel anything?

While you took good pictures and the spot is clearly visible, it is hard to tell from the picture. with the steps you have already taken, looking at it, again, hard to tell from the pictures, it seems like it may be an actual issue with the clear coat. If you gently rub your finger over it, do you feel anything?
seems like it was bird poop etched into the coat. searched around and i found the hair dryer method used by some ppl. got rid of.....85 percent of by just heating up that spot. not really visible under white light now...unless i really look for it.

link to the method used by this youtuber if anyone else find themselves with this problem

thanks for all the comments!