Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tax credit affect your options?

Will the availability of tax credit affect your purchase?

• Nope, getting the same options even if I had no credit.

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • No tax credit would cut back my options

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • No tax credit would make me get the base model

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • I'd spend whatever tax credit(half, quarter) I get on options.

Votes: 4 10.8%
  • I'd cancel my reservation

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Using tax credit on aftermarket accessories

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Using tax credit on something else

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am going to buy the car as I would if there was no credit. Pick the options I can afford/want and buy the EXACT car I want without worrying about its delivery date (especially if the color I want causes a delay like the red did on the Model S - I don't care, I will wait. )

I have never gotten to custom order a car before, so this will be my first time. In the past it has always seemed too extravagant to custom order a car and pay possibly full MSRP when I could bargain down a car already on the lot. But Teslas all cost the same - no dealer prices to negotiate. So I will get to order the exact color/options etc, I want, it's very exciting!

If I get a credit, it will just be a bonus discount on the car. I have already gotten one full credit on my Volt, so I have already taken advantage of the program.

Reactions: nd4spd569
Same here. I'll be ordering based on what I need while trying to keep the price down. This will be a stylish commuter for us after all.

If we get the tax credit, I'll consider it a bonus. I was sad to find out there was a limit on it but I've come to terms with it.