Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

tax documents for new purchase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure when it was added, but under "Documents" in my Tesla account, there is now an IRA Clean Vehicles Credit Report with the necessary information from the seller . The form was signed 12/30/23, so it must have been posted to my account fairly recently.
I have said document appearing today, from a vehicle I took delivery 1 week ago.

I'm waiting for the same to appear in the documents of a Model Y we purchased in January '23.

just to share https://www.reddit.com/r/TeslaLounge/s/usvW9cJLuV hope this helps if anyone is still not seeing the form

Credit to u/30jaykay for spotting this and sharing - Tesla is allowing users to request an IRS form 15400 to be generated. As far as I can tell this only works for CURRENTLY OWNED vehicles, and doesn't appear to allow for other things like changing to a different co-registrant, etc. But it's a step in the right direction.

Looks like you can request a form to be generated on the Tesla website.

1. ⁠⁠Login to Tesla Account from a web browser not an app
  2. ⁠⁠Check under documents if you see the document called “IRA Clean Vehicle Credit Report”
  3. ⁠⁠If you see this – you don’t have to do anything!
  4. ⁠⁠If you do not see document
  5. ⁠⁠Login to Tesla Account from web browser not the app (if already logged in ignore)
  6. ⁠⁠Go to ? Icon at top left corner of the browser
  7. ⁠⁠Click the “Contact Us button”
  8. ⁠⁠Select Ask Question
  9. ⁠⁠Generate 2023 IRA document
  10. ⁠⁠Select VIN
  11. ⁠⁠SSN - do it on the private machine as its not masked
  12. ⁠⁠Submit - – get message Your document will be available in the Documents section of your Tesla Account within 24 hours
Mobile users: click Menu > Support > scroll down to Contact Us

Reactions: Iron