Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taycan Turbo Introduction

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting comparison chart.

Source URL = Porsche Taycan by TechCrunch Team - Infogram

Image of the comparison chart.
Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 10.43.45 AM.png

When I was initially doing my due diligence which lead to a model s purchase, the Porsche EV was in consideration because preliminary price was around that of the model s (~$90k). They sure missed the target on that!!!

Hopefully the Taycan does well for the sake of EV proliferation, but today's reveal just made my non-existent buyers remorse even "less existant".

weird that they call it a turbo but i suppose whatever. I do like it; am certainly not going to rush to the showroom to trade in the Model S but I certainly won't criticise anyone for buying this over a Model S - and of course best case scenario is they purchase this over any ICE vehicle out there.

At $150K, I think their market will be existing ICE Porsche owners who love the brand as much as us Tesla owners.

One thing I noticed is that the weight of 5000+ lbs... doesn't that mean it qualifies for the Hummer Tax Credit alongside the EV Tax Credit plus whatever State Rebate and then your Power Company Rebate...

• Love
Reactions: AW9nineteen
Um ok but you can have the turbo non-s for 150k or 158k nicely equipped. How much did a P100D cost before all the reductions last year? 160?

We know that doesn't matter. When the Taycan is actually out is when we will know actual prevailing price and comparisons.

We know the S is getting better and better each year. Will Porsche over-deliver to beat the current S and what Tesla might come out with?

Doubtful.

One thing I noticed is that the weight of 5000+ lbs... doesn't that mean it qualifies for the Hummer Tax Credit alongside the EV Tax Credit plus whatever State Rebate and then your Power Company Rebate...

You have to conceivably use the vehicle as an SUV for the "Hummer deduction". There is Section 179 for Passenger vehicles but less deductions than a vehicle with a GVWR of 6000+. Playing with fire unless you discuss with CPA. You can put whatever you want on your return, it's a matter if the IRS agrees in the event of an audit.