Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Technician's Choice Ceramic Detail Spray: It's like a ceramic Bead Maker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
4 month update Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray coating. This has been driven in multiple snow storms, rain, etc. they use some bad salt/brine around here to treat the roads so it definitely takes a beating.

I noticed a fair amount of sheeting vs. the beading it originally was doing, but can tell the product is still there. I only did 1 coat, and it only had about a 12-16 hour cure time before it saw wet weather, so possibly not the best circumstances.

4 month update Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Spray coating. This has been driven in multiple snow storms, rain, etc. they use some bad salt/brine around here to treat the roads so it definitely takes a beating.

I noticed a fair amount of sheeting vs. the beading it originally was doing, but can tell the product is still there. I only did 1 coat, and it only had about a 12-16 hour cure time before it saw wet weather, so possibly not the best circumstances.

To me it looks like both the TW Seal & Shine and the TC CDS have more beading and faster sheeting of the water than the TW Hybrid Solutions Ceramic spray coating.

Reactions: Genie
To me it looks like both the TW Seal & Shine and the TC CDS have more beading and faster sheeting of the water than the TW Hybrid Solutions Ceramic spray coating.
Keep in mind, my SS that has the Seal n Shine & TC CDS on it does NOT given driven much, especially in the winter. It doesn't see snow, it doesn't see salt, it barely ever sees rain, so it has not been exposed to the elements/road chemicals like the Tesla with the TW Hybrid SCSC did. It probably didn't help that I didn't wash the car to get some of the grime off as often or as quickly as I would have liked, so that doesn't help things.