Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Technician's Choice Ceramic Detail Spray: It's like a ceramic Bead Maker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently tried Bead Maker. I like its ease of use, the slickness and gloss. However, I had concerns about its durability and protection. I found a new product which I just tried today for the first time and I love it. It is Technician's Choice Ceramic Detail Spray. It is like a ceramic Bead Maker. The slickness and gloss is very similar to Bead Maker, but because of the SiO2, it offers more durable protection.
TCbottle1.jpg
TCBottle2.jpg

And, best of all, it smells like Pina Colada!

And amazingly, it is very cost competitive with Bead Maker. I bought a gallon of TC CDS for $34.95. I think the price ranges from $30.00 to $45 a gallon. So just like Bead Maker, it is cheap enough that you can use it after every wash if you wanted to.

For those of you who might be wondering why I am comparing Bead Maker, which is a spray sealant, to this product, it is because in my view Bead Maker is not a good stand alone sealant. I think it is best used on top of a more durable sealant. If I were to use Bead Maker, I would use it after each wash to give the car more slickness and gloss, which is exactly what this product does. But this product adds durable protection as well as slickness and gloss.

Here are a couple pics of my P3D after I washed and finished with Technician's Choice Ceramic Detail Spray

Tesla-TC1.jpg

Tesla-TC2.jpg

TeslaTC3.jpg

Never heard of it, sounds nice.

Have you tried/reviewed Turtle Wax Seal & Shine or Spray wax?

If so, sorry that I've missed it.

I have tried the TW Seal and Shine and I am a big fan of it. I personally would use TW Seal and Shine maybe once every 3 or 4 months, and then something like TC Ceramic Detail Spray every other wash, or even as a drying aid. I love how durable the TW Seal and Shine is, but it is not nearly as slick as something like Bead Maker or this product I wrote about here. So I would do the TW Seal and Shine as my base level of protection and then top it the TC Ceramic Detail Spray as part of my routine wash and maintenance.

• Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: Bblsttx and kelly
I have tried the TW Seal and Shine and I am a big fan of it. I personally would use TW Seal and Shine maybe once every 3 or 4 months, and then something like TC Ceramic Detail Spray every other wash, or even as a drying aid. I love how durable the TW Seal and Shine is, but it is not nearly as slick as something like Bead Maker or this product I wrote about here. So I would do the TW Seal and Shine as my base level of protection and then top it the TC Ceramic Detail Spray as part of my routine wash and maintenance.
How about Chemical Guys Hydro Charge?

I'm a slight CG fanboy, "slight" and I bought a bottle when it first came out, but haven't used it yet. I also bought 3 bottles of the Seal & Shine, in case Turtle Wax wised up and raised the price, but I haven't use any either. It's been too hot for me to do the full prep for either.

I kind of want to do a side by side comparison of them, but I also was curious what I could top them with. Previously I used Jet Seal, then Butter Wet Wax on top of that. But I figured either of the two would give Seal & Shine some better gloss/slickness.

How about Chemical Guys Hydro Charge?

I'm a slight CG fanboy, "slight" and I bought a bottle when it first came out, but haven't used it yet. I also bought 3 bottles of the Seal & Shine, in case Turtle Wax wised up and raised the price, but I haven't use any either. It's been too hot for me to do the full prep for either.

I kind of want to do a side by side comparison of them, but I also was curious what I could top them with. Previously I used Jet Seal, then Butter Wet Wax on top of that. But I figured either of the two would give Seal & Shine some better gloss/slickness.

I do not have personal experience with Chemical Guys Hydrocharge. I believe the Hydrocharge runs about $40 for a 16 oz bottle. For roughly the same amount of money, you can buy a GALLON of Technician's Choice Ceramic Detail Spray. For the CG Hydrocharge price point, I personally would prefer OptiCoat's Hyper Seal. You could apply something like Hydrocharge or Hyper Seal as your base sealant / level of protection and then use the Ceramic Detail Spray as a quick detailer or topper after each wash. You can also use Hydrocharge or Hyper Seal as a topper too. But if you are looking for value for your money, the combo of Turtle Wax Seal and Shine as the base sealant and then the Ceramic Detail Spray as a maintenance regimen can't be beat. The Turtle Wax Seal and Shine runs about $7 a bottle and again the TC Ceramic Detail Spray is $35 to $45 a gallon. Very cost effective.

I do not have personal experience with Chemical Guys Hydrocharge. I believe the Hydrocharge runs about $40 for a 16 oz bottle. For roughly the same amount of money, you can buy a GALLON of Technician's Choice Ceramic Detail Spray. For the CG Hydrocharge price point, I personally would prefer OptiCoat's Hyper Seal. You could apply something like Hydrocharge or Hyper Seal as your base sealant / level of protection and then use the Ceramic Detail Spray as a quick detailer or topper after each wash. You can also use Hydrocharge or Hyper Seal as a topper too. But if you are looking for value for your money, the combo of Turtle Wax Seal and Shine as the base sealant and then the Ceramic Detail Spray as a maintenance regimen can't be beat. The Turtle Wax Seal and Shine runs about $7 a bottle and again the TC Ceramic Detail Spray is $35 to $45 a gallon. Very cost effective.
Oh yea, they were $6.97 at my local Wal-Mart, I bought 3.

I recently tried Bead Maker. I like its ease of use, the slickness and gloss. However, I had concerns about its durability and protection. I found a new product which I just tried today for the first time and I love it. It is Technician's Choice Ceramic Detail Spray. It is like a ceramic Bead Maker. The slickness and gloss is very similar to Bead Maker, but because of the SiO2, it offers more durable protection.
View attachment 434419 View attachment 434421
And, best of all, it smells like Pina Colada!

And amazingly, it is very cost competitive with Bead Maker. I bought a gallon of TC CDS for $34.95. I think the price ranges from $30.00 to $45 a gallon. So just like Bead Maker, it is cheap enough that you can use it after every wash if you wanted to.

For those of you who might be wondering why I am comparing Bead Maker, which is a spray sealant, to this product, it is because in my view Bead Maker is not a good stand alone sealant. I think it is best used on top of a more durable sealant. If I were to use Bead Maker, I would use it after each wash to give the car more slickness and gloss, which is exactly what this product does. But this product adds durable protection as well as slickness and gloss.

Here are a couple pics of my P3D after I washed and finished with Technician's Choice Ceramic Detail Spray

View attachment 434426
View attachment 434427
View attachment 434428
Looks great! At our shop we use Chemical Guys Hydro Charge, Adams 9h ceramic coating spray, & cquartz finest ceramic coating for the cold Northeast winter

Please update us after a couple washes. If you have good results I might switch after I finish my gallon of beadmaker. I'm only a little skeptical because ceramic coats must not be mixed with water until they cure but beadmaker can be used as a drying agent. This is allot cheaper than reload though, and if it does something similar and can be used after every wash, it might be better to use on a ceramic coating than beadmaker.

One issue I have with beadmaker over a ceramic coating is that it want's to just bead off the ceramic. Any tips so I don't waste so much product? I feel after the microfiber is saturated I don't need to spray on as much.

Reactions: tfraley
Please update us after a couple washes. If you have good results I might switch after I finish my gallon of beadmaker. I'm only a little skeptical because ceramic coats must not be mixed with water until they cure but beadmaker can be used as a drying agent. This is allot cheaper than reload though, and if it does something similar and can be used after every wash, it might be better to use on a ceramic coating than beadmaker.

One issue I have with beadmaker over a ceramic coating is that it want's to just bead off the ceramic. Any tips so I don't waste so much product? I feel after the microfiber is saturated I don't need to spray on as much.

I should give the disclaimer that while I have a whole-car PPF, I do not have a ceramic coating. So I do not have personal experience applying any toppers to ceramic coating. If I did, I would probably first try the maintenance spray recommended by the manufacturer of the ceramic coating itself. I would also think that a maintenance spray that contains SiO2 would be better than a non-ceramic spray, such as Bead Maker (BM has no SiO2). I read that Bead Maker can enhance the hydrophobic properties of certain coatings but it can also detract some hydrophobic properties on others.

Here is a video that compares TC Ceramic Detail Spray to Reload. You can draw your own conclusion, but I personally think TC CDS wins the comparison: