Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Technician's Choice Ceramic Detail Spray: It's like a ceramic Bead Maker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Few more....

64F74BB2-1993-4C0F-9F33-1F3A78301BC5.jpeg
23A85100-7BBA-4BCE-A74D-60DBD67DDBFC.jpeg
E6C3E4F5-C909-49B6-8CB4-F9B884860890.jpeg
530D044D-CCB8-47B4-856F-BA0DDE543D0A.jpeg

Thanks for your post. It is very helpful. The pics are great.

As I may have mentioned before, Seal and Shine is a polymer sealant with some carnauba in it. TC CDS is a detail spray that contains SiO2. so I think an awesome routine would be to apply Seal and Shine once every 3 to 6 months and then to use TC CDS more frequently, like every two weeks, on top of the Seal and shine.

Reactions: Genie
Thanks for your post. It is very helpful. The pics are great.

As I may have mentioned before, Seal and Shine is a polymer sealant with some carnauba in it. TC CDS is a detail spray that contains SiO2. so I think an awesome routine would be to apply Seal and Shine once every 3 to 6 months and then to use TC CDS more frequently, like every two weeks, on top of the Seal and shine.
That's my goal after the testing, and more than likely what I'll do on the Tesla.

I may not get to it until it cools down a bit, as it's hot and humid here, but at least yesterday it was cloud-covered and not horrible in the morning. When it's 60-70 out I can be outside all day detailing. It's borderline therapeutic for me. Haha

APEX Detailing on YouTube actually reviewed TC, yesterday? I think and he seems to really like it. I think he's going to test it against some other products here soon. I'm eager to see those tests.

Last edited:
That's my goal after the testing, and more than likely what I'll do on the Tesla.

I may not get to it until it cools down a bit, as it's hot and humid here, but at least yesterday it was cloud-covered and not horrible in the morning. When it's 60-70 out I can be outside all day detailing. It's borderline therapeutic for me. Haha

APEX Detailing on YouTube actually reviewed TC, yesterday? I think and he seems to really like it. I think he's going to test it against some other products here soon. I'm eager to see those tests.

Thanks for letting me know. He does really good testing videos. I hope he compares TC CDS to other ceramic products like Hydroselix and Hyper Seal.

Here is the video review from Apex Detail. He gave a very positive review. I quote "all positve, all thumbs up".

As he states in the video, he claims you can dilute this product 5 to 1. I am not sure I would do this, but if you did, that means your 1 gallon bottle could turn into 5 gallons of product. Extremely cost effective.

• Informative
Reactions: TyH2009
I was able to find the TC CDS locally. Bought a 32oz, used it, fell in love. Went and purchased a gallon. I use it every other week. On the “off-week” I use Hydro Silex. It provides a VERY slick and glossy finish. More so than the TC.

If anything, the TC provides a durable, longer lasting protection, and appears to keep the 3 looking clean longer than I am accustomed to. Bird dropping’s or any other environmental impact will wipe off with a finger.

The Hydro Silex provides a ceramic recharge BUT, creates a slicker, hydrophobic surface. The ease of buffing and the super slick surface is incredible!

Reactions: joebruin77
Thanks for posting the videos.

Why choose? Use both. First apply the TW SandS, then apply Technicians Choice on top.

I’ve been using this after I saw this post on my new Pearl White Model 3. It’s been great! Thanks for the idea. I used ONR right after I got home from delivery. Then put on TW Seal and Shine. A day or two later, added Technician’s Choice Ceramic Detail Spray. The ease of getting bugs/road debris is amazing! It hasn’t rained in a few weeks here, so I’m curious as to the water behavior/properties.

Thanks again for the idea about layering. It makes sense and the results have followed suit.

I used Technicians Choice Ceramic Detail Spray to clean my windshield a couple days ago. Earlier today, we had our first rain in a long time. The water droplets danced off my windshield, almost like I had Rain-X on the glass. But the only thing there was the CDS. Great stuff!

So, the next day after applying this, it decided to snow. I knew this going in, as I wanted to get some protection before winter, just happened to be a day before the first snow of the season.

it seems like the snow/ice fell off quickly, and once it dried, my car didn’t seem super dirty for being driven in snow and salt slop, but I knew I couldn’t judge it until the first wash.
Well that first wash happened yesterday, and I gotta say, I’m impressed. I didn’t even use my pressure washer, just a hose nozzle and the majority of the crud on the car just came off. I followed up with some Hydro Suds in a foam cannon, I didn’t use a mitt, as I didn’t have much time, it was getting dark soon, and it’s going to rain in a few days and I didn’t want to go all out.

The beading and sheeting is impressive and an electric blower blew the water right off. I attached a few pictures for now, but I have some videos also I will upload once I get them processed.

69B42023-2F67-417A-B6D4-59EEDCDA3A80.jpeg
96599544-9452-4E55-A2A7-BE721653B442.jpeg

Video added

Last edited:
  • Informative
Thanks for posting the info and pics. I was really curious about this spray sealant as soon as Turtle Wax announced their new ceramic line of products. Hydro Seal by OptiCoat has been my go to ceramic sealant, but I will give this Turtle Wax ceramic sealant a try. I think the TW is less than half the price of Hyper Seal.

Thanks for posting the info and pics. I was really curious about this spray sealant as soon as Turtle Wax announced their new ceramic line of products. Hydro Seal by OptiCoat has been my go to ceramic sealant, but I will give this Turtle Wax ceramic sealant a try. I think the TW is less than half the price of Hyper Seal.
Yep. I think this was $15 a bottle. I did both my Model 3 and my wife’s SUV and probably only used a few ounces. If I would have planned it better I would have done a second coat on both.

Has anyone applied TCC DS as the base then used Bead Maker on top of it? I'd be curious to know your thoughts.

I have not personally tried this combo, so I cannot speak from direct experience. However When used as a topper for ceramic coatings, Bead Maker can cause a degradation in hydrophobic properties for some ceramic coatings. So I would not recommend this combo.

Also the Technicians Choice CDS is so durable and protective, I Don’t think the Bead Maker would be able to form a good bond to the surface and would come off very easily, perhaps even with just a single wash.

Lastly, Bead Maker costs $34 a gallon. Technicians Choice CDS costs $45 a gallon. For an extra $11, you get a product that is much more durable and offers longer lasting protection with similar gloss and slickness . The hydrophobic properties of TC CDS is much better than that of BM.

• Informative
Reactions: theslimshadyist