Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tein EnduraPro settings suggestion?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
are the Flex Z struts inferior to the Endurapro? It seems like worth the few hundred dollars more than Endurapro plus lowering springs to get the adjustability.
They are two completely different systems.

Are you looking for height or dampening adjustability? The EnduraPro Plus does not have height adjustment option, but if you want a budget-friendly kit with both height and dampening adjustments, look into the ST Suspensions kit which is a much better buy than the FlexZ.

For those looking for more performance, the kits only get better (and unfortunately, more expensive) from there.

Last edited:
They are two completely different systems.

Are you looking for height or dampening adjustability? The EnduraPro Plus does not have height adjustment option, but if you want a budget-friendly kit with both height and dampening adjustments, look into the ST Suspensions kit which is a much better buy than the FlexZ.

For those looking for more performance, the kits only get better (and unfortunately, more expensive) from there.
Interested in both height and damping, but undecided at this point if both are critical. For several hundred dollars in difference I may give up one or the other. I'm trying to understand why you recommend EnduraPro but not Flex Z, whether there is a difference in the damping ability of the struts. If both have similar damping ability, and for $700 more the Flex Z adds height adjustability, it makes sense to me to get the Flex Z ($1400) over EnduraPro ($660)+ lowering springs ($400). It's not worth it to me for another $500 for "better" damping ability of the ST Suspensions over Flex Z, if that is the selling point.

Reactions: TM6969
Interested in both height and damping, but undecided at this point if both are critical. For several hundred dollars in difference I may give up one or the other. I'm trying to understand why you recommend EnduraPro but not Flex Z, whether there is a difference in the damping ability of the struts. If both have similar damping ability, and for $700 more the Flex Z adds height adjustability, it makes sense to me to get the Flex Z ($1400) over EnduraPro ($660)+ lowering springs ($400). It's not worth it to me for another $500 for "better" damping ability of the ST Suspensions over Flex Z, if that is the selling point.
Maybe we've just been spoiled with the quality of the German brands over the years.

Having driven all sorts of suspension brands for the last 25 years (mostly BMW), the Flex Zs are just not a quality kit. Over-dampened, riddled with noise and QC issues (just do a search in this forum alone) and you'll see their track record in a short amount of time. However, sometimes people just love cheap stuff and there's no chance in talking them out of it.

If I was in your shoes and someone promised me better performing suspension for only $500, I would have no problem jumping at it. Maybe look into getting some rides with owners that have spent upwards of $4000-$5000 or more on their setups and see what justified their decision. It might not seem so crazy once you get the chance to get a feel for it yourself. The Model 3/Model Y platforms have a ton of areas for improvement and suspension (namely coilovers) is easily one of the best ways to make this platform significantly improve handling - there's really no way to explain it in detail, other than to just experience it.

If you're looking just to soften the ride and nothing else, the EnduraPro Plus on the other hand have been relatively problem free and pair well with both the Eibach and H&R springs. Simple, inexpensive and proven.

Another factor not talked about is product warranty. Tein only has a 1 year warranty on their lineup vs ST Suspension's 5 year unlimited mileage warranty.

Mountain Pass has just released their Comfort coilover kit (no dampening adjustment) which is on sale currently, with a 2 year warranty. You get better dampening control out of the box than the Flex Z and a comfortable, yet sporty ride.

Keep in mind that a cheap price isn't always the best deal - because sometimes, you actually get what you paid for.

Last edited:
Maybe we've just been spoiled with the quality of the German brands over the years.

Having driven all sorts of suspension brands for the last 25 years (mostly BMW), the Flex Zs are just not a quality kit. Over-dampened, riddled with noise and QC issues (just do a search in this forum alone) and you'll see their track record in a short amount of time. However, sometimes people just love cheap stuff and there's no chance in talking them out of it.

If I was in your shoes and someone promised me better performing suspension for only $500, I would have no problem jumping at it. Maybe look into getting some rides with owners that have spent upwards of $4000-$5000 or more on their setups and see what justified their decision. It might not seem so crazy once you get the chance to get a feel for it yourself.
Thanks for the explanation. I’ll have to see if I can check out some local cars like you suggest. I may have you guys do it if I ever decide since you’re close. EnduraPro + Eibach sounds promising. Are new bumpstops or rear camber arms or anything else needed for that setup?

Hi I’m finally getting my Tein shocks today for my model y. I’ve got a 22 Model Y LR. Im planning to use a 23 Model Y Performance coilover along with my Tein shocks for my LR. What do you guys think about the idea? Im looking for maximum comfort. I can’t deal with this NYC bad road everyday. Front 12 back 14. Please suggest your settings or any advice you might have.
Hi mra1991, did you go ahead and get the Tein shocks as you had planned to? If so how do you feel about them? how did you end up setting them up to? Thanks,

I have a 2022 MYLR with 20000 km. Could not longer stand the harshness of the stock suspension so after viewing lots of YT videos I purchased the Tein Endura Plus Pro for 955$ CDN (taxes and freight included) up here in Quebec, Canada. I took the shocks to my local garage and had to dish out an extra 650$ CDN for installation (kept original coils) and wheel alignment. Riding a few feet out of the garage parking I noticed the smoother ride. Less bounciness. I was hesitant about the adjustments. I made up my mind at 10 front and 12 back. So far so good.

• Helpful
Reactions: GOVA
Did you guys leave the rear dust boot on. I notice a chirp sound when going over larger bumps (driver side rear) otherwise great.
I’m also having this issue on my 2022 MY LR. Mine is on the passenger side rear. I was thinking about checking to see maybe if the nut was loose since this package doesn’t come with a locking nut for any of the dampers.

Settings are 10F/12F with OEM springs. I’ve been thinking about getting either Eibach or Dinan springs to close the wheel gap.

I’m also having this issue on my 2022 MY LR. Mine is on the passenger side rear. I was thinking about checking to see maybe if the nut was loose since this package doesn’t come with a locking nut for any of the dampers.

Settings are 10F/12F with OEM springs. I’ve been thinking about getting either Eibach or Dinan springs to close the wheel gap.
Have you tried removing the dust boot. I haven’t done it yet - but It’s gotten much better but still hear it