Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tein Flex Z front shock mount

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A closer look at the Tein front shock mount.
293991157_10166297986025567_2767743820335358244_n.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2
Someone did a comparison of these to stock on Youtube.

My shop will isntalling these on a RWD. Will report back next week.

Link to Tein:

I've been looking at these vs the MPP comfort (non adjustable)

My immediate gripe about them is they don't reuse the hat, so they are likely going to be noisier.

When you do the drive could you take note of the ride quality as well as the noise, vibration, rattles ect?

I hope to see your upcoming review of these.

I've been looking at these vs the MPP comfort (non adjustable)

My immediate gripe about them is they don't reuse the hat, so they are likely going to be noisier.

When you do the drive could you take note of the ride quality as well as the noise, vibration, rattles ect?

I hope to see your upcoming review of these.
That isn't a solid mount. It has more rubber to reduce NVH than the OE mount.

Here is a good review:

That isn't a solid mount. It has more rubber to reduce NVH than the OE mount.

Here is a good review:

I did watch this review, they seemed pretty promising based on what was said. Compared to MPP (comfort non-adjust) in a similar price bracket they have a few advantages, they are adjustable. I read conflicting info about reusing the hat, people mostly said it would be noisier, but it also makes the install easier.

I find that people on this forum are pretty honest with their takes on aftermarket parts, thats why I wanted to wait and see how this install turned out for your customer. Basically if its good, i'll go with these, if not i'll go with MPP. I don't really want to move up to the 2500 MPP comfort adjust price bracket if I can avoid it. If these are say 80% as good at 50% the cost it would be a reasonable choice.

I did watch this review, they seemed pretty promising based on what was said. Compared to MPP (comfort non-adjust) in a similar price bracket they have a few advantages, they are adjustable. I read conflicting info about reusing the hat, people mostly said it would be noisier, but it also makes the install easier.

I find that people on this forum are pretty honest with their takes on aftermarket parts, thats why I wanted to wait and see how this install turned out for your customer. Basically if its good, i'll go with these, if not i'll go with MPP. I don't really want to move up to the 2500 MPP comfort adjust price bracket if I can avoid it. If these are say 80% as good at 50% the cost it would be a reasonable choice.
Will report back soon.
IMG_3745.jpg
Drove the car prior to the install.

Vehicle set to 7/8 lower front and 3/8 lower in the back then when it came in. Given these aren't linear rate springs that have been pre-cycled the vehicle will likely drop another 1/8 to 1/4 after a few hundred miles of driving. Will report the height change if any in a couple of weeks.

Damping set to 10/16 front and 18/28 rear. It feels under damped to me, but like people say, "The customer is always right!". First impression at this particular damper setting the vehicle is more compliant than stock and feels, sharp bumps feel more rounded now, and the vehicle is more responsive to driver inputs. Dive, squat, and pitch all have been reduced a bit as well.

Customer's main goal of improving the ride quality has been achieved and he with damping adjustment on this quality Tein Flex Z he can further tuned the ride/handling to his liking. Highly recommended for anyone looking to improve the ride quality on their Model 3 that won't breaking the bank.
IMG_3756.jpg
IMG_3755.jpg

What kind of bushing/bearing setup are they using? Any idea yet how it compares to stock rubber and also to all-metal pillowballs? (Those being opposite ends of the spectrum I guess.)
Full and more rubber than OE on the Tein shock mounts(both front and rear). These are definitely designed with ride quality in mind, the opposit of a pillowball mount or spherical bearing mount.

See my original post for the front upper mount photo.

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2
Progressive rate springs! That's also a focus on ride quality over handling, right?

Thanks for the pics and driving impressions. 👍
You are welcome. Happy to post something that has not been installed or reviewed.

No, they are linear. 9kg front and 10kg rear. I just assume they aren't pre-cycled like the high-end Swift or Hyperco springs.

Definitely ride quality focused rather than handling. I spoke to Tein, but no higher end kits in the near future.

Thanks for the review. I am leaning towards these since I can also do sway bars for the price. Hard to beat a set of these and sway bars or non adjustable coil overs for roughly the same money.

If it were your money, these and sway bars or MPP comfort NON adjustable coil overs. (I also have a RWD m3)

Thanks for the review. I am leaning towards these since I can also do sway bars for the price. Hard to beat a set of these and sway bars or non adjustable coil overs for roughly the same money.

If it were your money, these and sway bars or MPP comfort NON adjustable coil overs. (I also have a RWD m3)
These are surprising well made and damping seems to be decent for the price. I do recommend these.

Keep in mind that with a bigger anti roll bar you will need to turn up the damping since in a turn the bar adds to the spring rate.

These are surprising well made and damping seems to be decent for the price. I do recommend these.

Keep in mind that with a bigger anti roll bar you will need to turn up the damping since in a turn the bar adds to the spring rate.
Thanks, ordered these. Fingers crossed, I've had good luck so far with getting less expensive parts and getting close to the same results. My wheels are forged from china, jova wheels, and those have been great at about 1/5 the cost of forged wheels from canada or usa. It's hard to justify some of the prices for a standard range and someone who does not track their car and just wants it to be moderately better.

Can you get to the adjustments without pulling the wheel?

Last edited:
Thanks, ordered these. Fingers crossed, I've had good luck so far with getting less expensive parts and getting close to the same results. My wheels are forged from china, jova wheels, and those have been great at about 1/5 the cost of forged wheels from canada or usa. It's hard to justify some of the prices for a standard range and someone who does not track their car and just wants it to be moderately better.

Yes, you can. See the two rubber plugs on the rear shock mounts? Remove one or the other and the opening is large enough to insert your finger to adjust. Front is just under the frunk cover. Alternatively, you can drill a 2-3 mm hole and use the supplied Tein adjusting tool.

• Helpful
Reactions: FatM3

Let us know how you like them. Might be interested in these as well