Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tein Flex Z front shock mount

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys. Maybe one of y’all can help me out with this. None of the alignment shops seem to have the original spec for alignment for the model y. Everyone keeps telling me to take it to Tesla for the alignment but I really don’t want pay their prices. The shops did say if I can provide an original spec sheet so they can use it for reference, they can do the alignment. Can any of you share that sheet? Thank you
I will send you a DM.

Hey guys. Maybe one of y’all can help me out with this. None of the alignment shops seem to have the original spec for alignment for the model y. Everyone keeps telling me to take it to Tesla for the alignment but I really don’t want pay their prices. The shops did say if I can provide an original spec sheet so they can use it for reference, they can do the alignment. Can any of you share that sheet? Thank you
how did it go? are the tein's on your Y yet? would love to hear the deets when you get a chance.

how did it go? are the tein's on your Y yet? would love to hear the deets when you get a chance.
Everything is installed but we’ve been having crazy snow and ice storms in Dallas. I’ve ordered new tires to replace the summer tires which get installed Tuesday. Went with 265/40/21 front 295/35/21 rear. I will see if height needs to be adjusted after I see what the car looks like with the bigger tires.

As far as ride quality, my dampening was set at the standard 8 and the car rides great. Improvement from stock but I will be tinkering with it here and there. I adjusted my steering from sport to comfort because I felt the steering was a bit stiff for my liking. Going to comfort get like butter while turning.

As soon as I have the tires, height adjustment (if needed) and a car wash, I’ll have pictures up for y’all.

All washed up. Waiting for the larger tires to be installed Tuesday. More than likely going to adjust the height of the rear and lower a half an inch. Front is perfect as as.

Attachments

• 8DA0F089-6CA2-4085-ABB1-9A48D0EDD06B.jpeg
    8DA0F089-6CA2-4085-ABB1-9A48D0EDD06B.jpeg
    780 KB · Views: 207
  • EA7F253B-B078-4ED1-ACBE-3DF4820A2C77.jpeg
    EA7F253B-B078-4ED1-ACBE-3DF4820A2C77.jpeg
    680 KB · Views: 159
  • 987DAB64-5565-435E-AFDC-69D200C113E7.jpeg
    987DAB64-5565-435E-AFDC-69D200C113E7.jpeg
    758.7 KB · Views: 145
  • 9C5FD4FE-8C7F-48CD-BACD-5659B576B876.jpeg
    9C5FD4FE-8C7F-48CD-BACD-5659B576B876.jpeg
    400.9 KB · Views: 131
  • 37472E5E-47DB-40A7-B789-A163454F4DBC.jpeg
    37472E5E-47DB-40A7-B789-A163454F4DBC.jpeg
    742.2 KB · Views: 122
  • 5F56BDD5-DEFE-486C-9B26-A3834AC88302.jpeg
    5F56BDD5-DEFE-486C-9B26-A3834AC88302.jpeg
    501.9 KB · Views: 127
  • 5AB2CF51-B01A-4AC8-B57B-D54AA23B55EE.jpeg
    5AB2CF51-B01A-4AC8-B57B-D54AA23B55EE.jpeg
    519.3 KB · Views: 147
I was told by the shop that installed them that the provided c spanners do not work for the rear. Any validity to this?
Not true. There's 2 spanners. A smaller one and a bigger one but we will use a punch to get them to lock up on all perches. We only use the spanners to adjust the height in the front. I find it easier to just pull the whole perch out rather than trying to wrestle with it. half inch means you probably need to drop that spring about 8mm but do share what size tires you're going with because that may change things as well since you have spacers too.

This is the lowest setting on the Teins on my model Y btw. Keep in mind I have a short tire on this 285/35/20 with 20x10.5
20230127-MYP Anzio 10 Bronze.jpg

Reactions: Du30 and saragon91
Not true. There's 2 spanners. A smaller one and a bigger one but we will use a punch to get them to lock up on all perches. We only use the spanners to adjust the height in the front. I find it easier to just pull the whole perch out rather than trying to wrestle with it. half inch means you probably need to drop that spring about 8mm but do share what size tires you're going with because that may change things as well since you have spacers too.

This is the lowest setting on the Teins on my model Y btw. Keep in mind I have a short tire on this 285/35/20 with 20x10.5 View attachment 903470I

This is the lowest setting on the Teins on my model Y btw. Keep in mind I have a short tire on this 285/35/20 with 20x10.5 View attachment 903470
I had no idea it came with two different sizes...i have two of the same size spanner wrenches that came with my kit. No wonder it kept slipping then.

This might help you Santiago.
By the way guys, Zevcentric is where I purchased my coils and spacers from. They have been a huge help from the beginning answering all my questions and concerns. Shout out to them.

I’m going with 265/40/21 front 295/35/21 rear. I know most people will ask why the difference from the 40 and 35 front/rear, the short answer was availability of tires right now and safely concerns driving summer tires in Dallas where it’s been snowing and the temperature has been in the 30’s and 40’s.

Once they are installed on Tuesday, I’ll add more photos at the cars current height and add my feedback on ride quality and clearance before lowering it anymore.

I appreciate all the help and feedback.

By the way guys, Zevcentric is where I purchased my coils and spacers from. They have been a huge help from the beginning answering all my questions and concerns. Shout out to them.

I’m going with 265/40/21 front 295/35/21 rear. I know most people will ask why the difference from the 40 and 35 front/rear, the short answer was availability of tires right now and safely concerns driving summer tires in Dallas where it’s been snowing and the temperature has been in the 30’s and 40’s.

Once they are installed on Tuesday, I’ll add more photos at the cars current height and add my feedback on ride quality and clearance before lowering it anymore.

That front tire is really tall. It might rub the front of the fender liner when you turn the steering wheel. That's what happened to me with the same tire diameter but wider. Maybe this case will be different. If you can change it to 255/40/21 that would be better, if it's made.

Reactions: saragon91

See if they can change it for this. Just slightly taller than factory but will be better for your range as well. I also tried looking at all the various offerings for wider setups.

That front tire is really tall. It might rub the front of the fender liner when you turn the steering wheel. That's what happened to me with the same tire diameter but wider. Maybe this case will be different. If you can change it to 255/40/21 that would be better, if it's made.
I’ll be checking them after the install. Crossing my fingers. I’m pretty sure I saw somewhere on here someone with 265/40/21 and it was a super tight fit but they didn’t rub. I’m hoping that’s the case. I tried your link but it didn’t work for some reason.

I went on tire rack and Michelin does have the 255/40/21 but they are out of stock and on back order with no date on when they will be back. I’m going to take my chances and Tuesday and hope for the best 😭

I’ll be checking them after the install. Crossing my fingers. I’m pretty sure I saw somewhere on here someone with 265/40/21 and it was a super tight fit but they didn’t rub. I’m hoping that’s the case. I tried your link but it didn’t work for some reason.

I went on tire rack and Michelin does have the 255/40/21 but they are out of stock and on back order with no date on when they will be back. I’m going to take my chances and Tuesday and hope for the best 😭
I linked to 255/40/21 and 275/40/21 if you want to look that up.

Just installed on my Y. I went completely max low in the rear and it seemed to drop about .7 from stock performance so I lowered the front coilovers .7 lower and it seems to sit pretty good. My 20mm spacers come on Friday! So far the ride is so smooth even though it’s lower and handles like it has so much less body roll.

I put on my uberturbines to see what I like better.
Whats the distant from fender to ground? 29"?