TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tejon Ranch Reduced Power

Discussion in 'California' started by apacheguy, Aug 25, 2013.

1. apacheguy

apacheguy Sig 255, VIN 320

Just a friendly heads up to owners that are planning on using the Tejon Supercharger. The power output is severely reduced according to tech support. I am charging there now and only seeing about 45 kw. The utility company is to blame for this one as they connected to the station remotely and verified the station was not receiving the necessary power input from the grid.

2. brianstorms

brianstorms Member

Interesting, esp since Tejon has solar panels, right? I guess no grid storage yet.

3. NoMoGas

NoMoGas Member

Wait, what??? I thought Tejon was on solar? What am I missing? And this raises a question, when CA has it's "Flex your power" days, will power companies limit SC's by default? Im curious.

4. apacheguy

apacheguy Sig 255, VIN 320

Yes, but the batteries could have well been depleted with all the charging going on. Also, even if the solar panels are feeding into the station it is not enough to produce more than ~5-10 kw of juice.