Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Telsa App And Ios 12.4 Beta (or Any Ios Betas)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

jebinc

Jun 19, 2019
Seattle area
Hello all,

Background: So, I'm running iOS 12.4 beta on my iPhone XS. I downloaded and signed into the latest Telsa app. I take delivery of my Model 3 on Monday, 6/24

Question/Issues:

1. When I open the app, it recognizes me and offers me some videos to watch, or the option to get support. I can also access the treasure chest at the top right. When I try to watch any of the video's in the guide, they just don't play. Screen is black. What's causing this basic of functions not to work?

2. I have no option to see my account, or at least I can't find one. To see status on my delivery, I must use my laptop and the Tesla web site. Is this normal?

3. When my car is delivered, I understand more functionality will appear. Will this fix the problems listed above?

4. Given these issues, should I delete the beta profile on the iPhone before iOS 13 beta loads?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Yes, that I understand, but why can't I watch the videos or see account information? I'm wondering if it is because of the beta apple software. Are you running 10.4 beta?
No I am not. I think others have reported that their phone/app works fine with the beta. But given you don't actually have the car yet, I don't know you should expect the app to be fully functional. For example, how does it know which video to show you (S, 3, X) if it doesn't know which car you have?

There's nothing you can do anyway. Wait til Monday. It either works or it doesn't. If it doesn't you can either uninstall the beta, or use your key card until it does.

No I am not. I think others have reported that their phone/app works fine with the beta. But given you don't actually have the car yet, I don't know you should expect the app to be fully functional. For example, how does it know which video to show you (S, 3, X) if it doesn't know which car you have?

There's nothing you can do anyway. Wait til Monday. It either works or it doesn't. If it doesn't you can either uninstall the beta, or use your key card until it does.

Well, as I said, it knows who I am and greets me by name. The video guide list is all Model 3 tips, which is what I ordered. The videos, at least, should work without having the car as they are intended to familiarize one's self with the car before taking delivery... Any beta users out there???

Good to hear, thank you! I will let ios13 public beta load then. How do you like ios13?
Depends on your tolerance for bugs, but I kinda wish I waited a little longer. My experience has been a little more buggy than the iOS 11/12 betas - nothing major, mostly minor annoyances / UI quirks. To clarify what I said above, I meant I had no issues with the Tesla app.

Yes, that I understand, but why can't I watch the videos or see account information? I'm wondering if it is because of the beta apple software. Are you running 10.4 beta?
The videos did that behavior for me as well 2 months ago. I think their app for video playback is just bugged and they haven’t dedicated resources to fixing it. You can watch videos on Tesla’s website.

As for the Tesla app itself, seems fully functional in iOS 13 beta. I have two phones (prod and beta) and there doesn’t seem to be any missing functionality.