Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Telsa Front Floor Mats Installed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did the same thing, and tucked it under the trim. Had a bit of trouble on the driver's side, but used some plastic pry tools to help. It's mostly a nice fit, but there are a few wavy wrinkles. I'll try using my hot air gun next weekend to straighten them out.

Did you take the original mats out per the instructions?

I did not and still got them to go in but you have to press real hard in the depression near the outside edge for them to slip under the lip of the door sills.
I think you should definitely take out the carpet mats before installation so the velcro on the bottom of the rubber mats can attach properly and can't move accidentally....

I think you should definitely take out the carpet mats before installation so the velcro on the bottom of the rubber mats can attach properly and can't move accidentally....
Has anyone else noticed that on the driver's side, the two velcro circles on the mat are too high to properly connect with their respective location on the firewall? I think there is enough contact (~30%) to be effective, but I was surprised that they didn't line up.