Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tennessee Tesla Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I'm not sure how many of us are from East TN but the next Harper's Cars and Coffee in Knoxville is April 24th. Maybe we can get a group of Teslas out there. Also maybe we could convince someone from Atlanta or somewhere close to bring a Model X as well. That would definitely get everyones attention.

Reactions: rfinn
me too.
Live in middle Tennessee and think that the lack of SC in Memphis and westward is disgraceful. Especially considering the number being installed in Europe in places where nationalism and not invented here will prevent many Teslas from ever being sold. IMO . really just a guess, Musk suffers from the bi coastal syndrome, mid America is just "fly over"

It's really just that circle around AR, MS, West TN and South MO (and West Texas, if you want to get real technical).

The only place I could really see SCs being needed is along the I-40 corridor and one in Western KY...and low and behold...that's where TM is, allegedly, planning them.

I think they've run out of (major) locations on the east coast, so they'll start to set their sights on the areas that are lacking SCs, especially with the M3 coming in the next two years.

Perfect timing for permitting and build-out, no? :cool:

This should explain why the SC network looks the way it does.

image.jpeg
me too.
Live in middle Tennessee and think that the lack of SC in Memphis and westward is disgraceful. Especially considering the number being installed in Europe in places where nationalism and not invented here will prevent many Teslas from ever being sold. IMO . really just a guess, Musk suffers from the bi coastal syndrome, mid America is just "fly over"

Last edited:
This should explain why the SC network looks the way it does.

View attachment 114725
Exactly! I have seen the routes develop in the SE based upon Florida, Atlanta and TX travel. No coincidence that these are high Tesla centers.. Thats why I expect I-40 to Little Rock and I-30 to TX before we finish I-40 to OK City. Also there is no real indication that the I-65 route south will be a priority.Nashvilles SC is an anomoly more related to ownership and lease of the site combined with the dealer politics.

Hi to all the TN folk. I moved to Nashville a year ago from STL. Was part of MeetUp group in STL that was well organized and gave those of us with some of the early deliveries (mine is a P85 delivered Feb 2013, #5191) some comeraderie around this unique vehicle. Would be happy to be part of a group in TN. Great to discuss with other owners, and it is great to provide a resource for those making the jump from ICE to electric. Occasional dinner gatherings or coffees are great. Look forward to meeting some of you!

Okay, we're all here - now what?
You're right, now what? I had in mind a thread where we could discuss TN specific things like Supercharger locations, dealer issues, maybe meet and greet, dealership opposition and share knoweledge and resources. For example I have a Chademo adaptor that I used frequently in the past and almost never use now. Would anyone like to borrow it? Later it might develope into sub threads like Florida. Lets talk about what is useful to us and how to do it. I can help coordinate but where do you all want to take it?

I was at the SC in Brentwood a couple of weeks ago and a guy called the store on behalf of his boss asking about a TN or Nashville owner's club. I told the girl to tell the guy on the phone about TMC.

However, that made me think...There are enough of us around here in Nashville and TN that we could think about starting a TN or Nashville Owners Club like they have in LA and around the world. It doesn't look that hard to start and be officially recognized by Tesla.

Anyone interested?

I'm good with a TN Tesla owners club. Maybe an initiative would be to lobby for faster installation of SuperChargers in Huntsville; BHAM; Jackson, TN and Memphis.
I find it easy to go east and southeast and northeast but I cant get to St Louis , West to Memphis or South to Birmingham. But for those of us in the state West is the worst. Memphis is cut off from the world. I think a SC in Jackson is top priority. Maybe at the Casey Jones exit. We could make a recommendation to Tesla if we have some local insight. I really expect Nashville to St Louis is in the cards and Texas to Memphis is moving (I-30 to I-40) I see no indication that BMingham to Nashville is moving.